Chapter 18

Bliss.

Erik was in heaven. He was holding his angel in his arms, as she softly snored. This was all he had ever wanted. She fit so perfectly with her head on his shoulder, her arm pulled up with her hand on his chest. He had lost feeling in his arm hours ago but he didn't care.

She didn't fall asleep this way, he had to coax her into the position. She had tried to sleep at the far end of the bed away from him but he wouldn't allow it. That and there wasn't anywhere for her to go on her small twin bed. Now she was here in his arms where he wanted her to stay forever.

Forever was interrupted however when a loud knock rang through the quiet room and Vivian shot up in a fright. She looked down at Erik's arm around her waist gave out a small yelp, and jumped up from the bed.

When she realized it was just Erik her heartbeat slowed a tad but was immediately kick-started again by Dannye slamming open her door.

His eyes locked on Erik's half-naked form lounging on Vivian's bed. He took up practically the entire space, and he looked pleased with himself until Dannye lunged himself at him. Dannye got in one good hit to his jaw before Erik rolled himself off the bed, gaining the high ground.

"Dannye, get out!" Vivian screamed at her brother, who only gave her a small glance. He got up from where he had landed on the small mattress and reached out for Erik again.

"Stay the fuck away from my sister!" Dannye yelled aiming a hit directly for his jaw.

Catching his fist in the air and twisting it, Erik replied, "I would think twice before you fight me, boy."

Vivian watched on in horror as her brother charged Erik, and flipped him down on the ground.

"I don't give a shit who you are!" Dannye growled between punches, "Don't touch my sister!"

"Dannye!" Vivian screamed and attempted to pull the two men apart. He pushed her away and continued his assault but Erik had gotten the upper hand, catching onto his moment of weakness and bucking him off.

Throwing him to the ground it was now Erik's turn for revenge. Holding onto the collar of his shirt he landed hit after hit onto Dannye's face. "Erik stop." He heard her words, but they didn't register, "Erik! You're hurting him!"

Pulling on his shoulders, Vivian pulled him back to the present and stood up. He pulled her into him and cuddled her close, "Are you okay my love?" He asked looking her over.

"The better question is, are you okay?" She asked, reaching up to his mouth and wiping away some blood from his busted lip. Erik just laughed and kissed her cheek. He turned back to Dannye on the ground groaning. Vivian reached out for him, but Erik held her back. "Dannye? Are you alright?" She asked him, holding onto Erik's arm that had wrapped itself around her waist.

Sitting up slowly he glared at the dangerous man holding onto his sister. "Yeah." He grunted, standing up. "Why is he here?"

Vivian looked back at Erik nervous to tell her brother about Erik's marriage proposal. She didn't have to though, "A couple is allowed to share a bed, are they not?" He asked smirking, angering Dannye further.

"You are not a couple!" He snapped back, "Get out!"

Thinking about it for a moment Erik shook his head smirking, "No."

"Dannye, just go." Vivian sighed, turned towards her bathroom, "I have to get ready, and Erik will be taking me to school. Just... Just go."

Erik followed her into the bathroom as soon as he made sure Dannye had left her room. While Vivian washed her face and started to brush out her hair, Erik peed without any shame next to her which made her very nervous. When finished he moved to stand close beside her at the sink. He reached over her for his toothbrush and began to brush his teeth. Quickly drying her hands she rushed out of the bathroom back into her room.