Coastal Venture (part IV) | JJ

.. season 2 spoilers ..

John B, JJ, Kiara and (Y/N) quietly made their way out of the container. The last three went down to the entrance of the tween forward hull as planned.

"Hey, what the hell is this all about?"

"This doesn't have anything to do with that stowaway, does it, boss?"

"Guess we'll find out."

The three men's steps against the metal corridor made the Pogues squeeze into the wall where they were hiding, JJ on one side of the entrance, (Y/N) and Kiara on the other.

"Psst," JJ called the girls, "how many?" he asked, hushly.

Kiara lifted three fingers while (Y/N) cautiously peeked over her shoulder at the corridor the crew members were passing, to check if there was in fact only three of them. For now.

"It's got something to do with that cross." one of them said, "I'm telling you, it's cursed. We're making God angry."

(Y/N) kept checking, mentally counting the crew members that had already passed, until Rose, Wheezie and Rafe came into view.

"Where're we going? And where's dad?"

"I don't know, Wheezie."

"Ward's not with them." the girl whispered to her friends, still glued to the wall.

A second was all it took for her to go still, panic and glue herself against the wall too, the same second Rafe interrupted his steps and started looking around. Did he hear her?

"What?" JJ mouthed in her direction, concerned.

"Rafe." she mouthed back. She closed her eyes and leaned her head back, mentally blaming herself in advance if they ever got caught. Especially by her ex-boyfriend. Wheezie's voice echoed in the distance asking about Rafe, confirming he hadn't gotten inside the hull. What also confirmed that fact, and that settled the three Pogues into a nervous state were the steps sounding louder in their direction. Kiara grabbed (Y/N)'s hand and squeezed it hard, trying to relieve some of the tension and also silently asking what the hell they should do. The three friends glanced between them, hoping for a last minute plan B, which quickly, and possibly a bad one, crossed (Y/N)'s mind. JJ was able to read in her face that she had come up with something and he was ready to pull her back against him when she stepped into the entrance, revealing herself to Rafe. All the worst case scenarios ran through the blonde's mind, already planning ahead how he would get (Y/N) back. Again.

"(Y/N)?" Rafe was surprised to see her, that was clear, but it didn't last long for that surprise to be replaced with anger. He was angry that she had ran away from him when he told her she shouldn't leave him, "What're you doing here? I told you not to leave me again."

"Sorry." she faked regret, "I was looking for Sarah."

Rafe rolled his eyes at the mention of his sister.

"Yeah, well, she's not here." he said, his voice calm but annoyed, "So why don't you do as I say this time and come with me?" he took a few more steps towards her. In any other situation she would have taken the same amount of steps backwards, but if she did that it would allow him to see JJ and Kiara, who were a stressed mess, wondering what would be the outcome of (Y/N)'s unplanned idea.

"That's all of the crew." Kiara whispered, still leaning against the wall.

"Except Ward," JJ answered, anger standing out in his tone, "and now Rafe. We need them. And we need (Y/N)."