0 7

"Akin na 'yan!"

How can someone ruin your mood in a blink of an eye?

Well, if you don't know, I guess you should ask mother-fucking Dillion. He's the best in that line.

I was silently sitting on my desk with my reviewers because I was in the mood to review when he suddenly approached me and grabbed all my papers! He even put it inside my folder again! This son of a bitch.

"I think that's enough for today. You know, you don't have to always impress everybody in this room. And, being Latin honors won't make you feel special at work. You're still going to start nothing," he said as he crossed his arm. "Many laude's didn't even get jobs so why bother studying hard?"

"Why do you care in the first place?" I asked as I grabbed my folders at his hand. Malas pa naman ng kamay niya. His hand is opposite of that King who turns everything into gold by just touching it. He brings bad luck. Dillion brings misfortune. Nash Dillion Lincoln brings a curse.

"Ang galing mo na kasi masyado. You know, having a perfect life is quite boring. No, no, not quite, but really boring," he said, nodding his head. I raised a brow, not giving a damn. Who told you I had a perfect life? Perfect scores don't define a perfect life. "You're not perfect pala. You have a bad attitude."

"Yeah, and you will see that if you don't stop bothering me."

"You know that I can't stop bothering you. We have a deal. Don't worry, I'm still thinking of strategies I can use against you." He even winked at me. Hah!

"Strategies my ass."

"Oh, you want me to do 'strategies' in your ass, too?" I cringed. Fuck! I don't know if we're thinking the same thing but my mind immediately thought of 'that' thing. I shook my head, trying to divert my thoughts.

I ignored him and just sat silently in my desk. Pake-alam niya ba kung habang-buhay akong mag-aral dito? Is this still plan of his 'falling game'? Kasi kung oo, tangina niya.

"You know what, I will tell you something," he said as he occupied the space between us. His elbow touches mine that's why I felt how smooth his skin is. "Business is honestly not my dream course." I looked at him with his sudden confession.

"And...?" Should I care because?

"Ever since, I really wanted to be an engineer. I always dream of myself holding a blueprint, instructing my workmate about our plans with the building we're going to build." He looked at me. His smile is genuine but with a hint of feeling of loss. "But my family never let me. They wanted me to take business since I am the only child they had."

I expected that thing. Unluckily, we're on the same page.

"I can't fight for what I want. Hindi dahil sa ayokong mawalan ng mana, but because... I don't want to lose them also." He looked away. I was just there, listening to him. "I am not brave enough to fight for my dream if that means losing them."

But I am much braver than him.

"Naisip ko rin naman na business is not bad at all. I can still survive on this track."

"Life is not only about survival. If your family loves you, they will support you and your dream whatever it takes. They don't love you." Like me. My family doesn't love me.

"They do." He clenched his fist which made me smirk. "They just want the best for me."

"Maybe they do but that doesn't change the fact that their love is the one who ruins all your dreams." I looked away and sighed. "Fuck family. Fuck love." I chuckled.

"You? Is business really your dream or did your family just push you to take it?" he asked.

"No. This is my dream." I heard his sigh of relief.

"That's good. It's good that your--," I cut him off.

"I fought for it," I said, still not giving him glances. "Even though I know that I will slowly lose them, I didn't mind."

"You chose your dream over your family? That's absurd."

"I chose myself over them," I cleared. Not being selfish but I will choose myself over them.

"Don't you think that's too selfish?"

"Why? What's selfish with choosing yourself?" I asked him, now looking at his eyes. "Hindi sa lahat ng panahon, kailangan ko silang piliin."

"Pero pamilya mo sila."

"They never made me feel that."

Silence. 'Yon ang namayani matapos ang sinabi ko. He didn't contorted my words. It's like, he understands me. That's the first time I talked about my family. Hindi naman talaga ako nagsasalita kapag tungkol sa pamilya ang usapan.

"I wish I was as brave as you." He sighed. I smiled.

"You can be brave enough if you love yourself more than anything. After all, you only had yourself. No one will stay with you forever so why bother pouring all your love?" We both chuckled.

This is the first time that we had a proper conversation. We may not understand each other's side, but at least we know how to respect opinions. You don't really have to understand everyone. You just have to learn how to respect.

We became silent afterwards. I still can't believe that we can actually talk without him, pissing me off. I heard him sigh kaya nagaya ko din. Sighing is contagious.

Maya-maya lang din ay pumasok na ang mga kaklase namin kaya napaayos kami pareho ng upo. Dalawa lang naman kaming naiwan dito. Me, because I don't want to go outside. I don't know Dillion's reason. And, I don't give a damn, anyway.

"Pahiram ako ng notebook." Hindi ko pa man pinapayagan, kinuha niya na agad. "Hindi ko nakopya 'to kahapon."

"Dalian mo. Gagamitin ko," I said. He smiled before nodding.

The teacher is discussing in front about something. Nabasa ko na rin naman kanina 'yang mga 'yan kaya okay lang kahit hindi ako makinig. Advance study is better.

Naramdaman kong ibinalik ni Dillion ang notebook ko kaya kinuha ko ito. I opened it for no reason just to see that he had written something. I bit the inside of my cheeks to hide my smile. I looked at him, brows furrowed. He's looking at me too, his ash-gray eyes are serious and out of nowhere, I just felt my heart throbbed.

'can we be friends? <33'