3 7

"Dillion! Did you already fix your things?"

As I stepped inside our house, my mother welcomed me with that question. Oh, I remember, this is the only day we're leaving Singapore to live in the Philippines. I smiled as I went to her, nodding my head.

"Yes, mom."

"Good. We'll wait for your dad to arrive." I nod again and decided to went upstairs.

My parents and I aren't really close. I grew up without them even realizing. They were so busy handling our business they can't even make time for me. They have to hire a babysitter so just someone will look for me.

They said they're doing that to secure my future so I tried to understand them. I followed what they want and disregard my dreams. I mean, my main dream is for them to be proud of me, and if that means disregarding what I want, that will be okay for me.

Growing up wanting attention from your parent sucks. You have to follow them everytime. You have to obey their words. You have to let them do the things for you, control your life, so that they will compliment you for being a good man.

"Prepare all your belongings. We're going to the airport before lunch."

My eyes dropped on my father who's eyeing me too. I give a short bow before bringing out my luggages.

Since I already fixed them last night, I didn't do anything on my room but to lay on my bed and made a staring contest with the ceiling.

While staring at it, I imagined myself building new world with new environment. I am really not that sociable but I guess, I have to change that if I want to survive.

I guess it's a good thing that my dad is a Filipino citizen. I often hear him speak in Tagalog so I tried hard to learn the language. I don't want to bugged him, so I learned it by myself.

Minutes later, I get up because I have to take a bath. Mayamaya lang ay aakayat na si Mom para tanungin ako kung nakahanda na ba ako.

And finally, we arrived at airport. Hindi din naman kaming mahirapang makarating do'n dahil may sarili kaming sasakyan. In Singapore, transportation is easier if you're owning a vehicle. The only struggle is the tax you're going to pay. But for others, commuting is more reliable. Well, they're also right, especially to those who can't afford.

"When we arrived at the Philippines, be sure to fix your requirements in your new school." I just nod before putting my headphones on.

I was just sleeping the whole time. I don't even know how long we traveled but I just woke up when a lady offered a snacks. I just thanked her after that. Hindi na ako nakatulog ulit pagkatapos no'n kaya hinintay ko na lang na makalapag ang eroplano.

Hindi naman ito ang unang beses na pumunta ako sa Manila kaya hindi ko na inabala ang sarili ko na igala ang mata sa paligid. Marami na ding nagbago since the last time I went here.

The flight wasn't that long but I felt tired so when we reached our new place, I slept. Nagising ako nang palubog na ang araw. Hindi naman ako palalabas ng tao kaya nanatili na lang ako sa kuwarto ko, binabasa ang mga posibleng pag-aralan namin.

Business Administration wasn't really my dream course. Kaya ko lang 'to pinili kasi I had no choice. This is what my parent's want, and I have to follow them.

But for the first time, I was glad that I choose this path.

"Nash Dillion Lincoln."

I wasn't really that type of students who put too much words when introducing myself. The whole class is looking at me with confusion in their eyes, but someone catch my attention. He's eyeing me with his knotted forehead. Even though I didn't glance at him, I can see it through my peripheral vision.