Chapter 13

"First of all, let's go up. I will give you a pair of gloves too. We need to bring the body down first. I have a shovel in the storage room. We can take turns to dig up the ground. It is going to take some time. We need to dig at least six feet."

"Okay, no worries. We can do this," Tul continued showing his support. Maybe he did care for Max more than he is given credit for after all.

They both went upstairs. Max brought him a pair of gloves. They both wore their gloves and went to the other room.

The body was still lying there. They picked up the heavy dead body and brought it down the stairs.

"Do you think someone sneaked into the house and placed the body here so that they can get rid of it and frame whoever the owner of this secluded house is?" Tul asked, still trying to figure out how the body got here.

"Could be, cause I have never locked the back door of the cottage but now it's no use contemplating because we will never find out who or how it actually got here. So let's just get rid of it and be done," Max was in the zone. He wanted to get done with this as fast as possible.

Keeping the body near the back door, they got outside and Max led the way. Tul followed him to a place inside the forest. Max said, "I think this place would be fine."

"Yeah, okay," Tul said, his heart beating a million times a minute. He was so nervous because what he was doing tonight was not normal. He knew it but he had to go with the plan. What happened tonight was not normal either, he thought.

Max had the shovel in his hand and they both took turns digging the ground.

After more than one and half an hour, Max said, "Okay looks good. Sun's gonna come up soon. Let's go bring the body to bury it."

Tul nodded.

They both went back to the house and brought the dead body. They dumped it into the hole they had dug up. Then Max started filling the ground back with soil.

The sun started rising when they were done.

"Wow, you are good at this. It looks like the ground was never even dug up," Tul said.

"Thanks," Max took it as a compliment and said, "okay now we forget about it and move on with our lives. This incident never happened, okay?"

"Yes," Tul nodded. His heart was still beating fast.

They walked back to the house. Max had his arm around Tul's shoulders, walking together.

Going back to Max's room, Max said, "I will go take a shower."

"Yeah, I need to take a shower as well."

"You can join me," Max said plainly.

"No, it's fine. You finish yours first," Tul said.

"Oh come on. You can finish showering earlier if you shower with me now and then you can get more time to sleep. Gotta look fresh tomorrow for the shoot," Max went and pulled Tul's hand and took him in the shower.
"Okay, okay," Tul said as he was being pulled inside.