Chapter 22

Max finished off his act with a hug.
He hugged Tan tight and hugged him for a good few seconds.

Max and Tul exchanged eye glances.

Max understood from the look on Tul's face that he was going to have to face Tul after this and that was not going to be as easy as it was with Tan because Tul was watching this act of his from a third person's point of view. Tul must have figured out everything by now.

Tan said nothing more and just started walking out the door with his face down.

He turned back midway and said, "I am sorry about my part in all of this Max. I am at fault for enabling the cheating. I should not have had an affair with him knowing that he was in a relationship."

Saying this Tan turned around and walked out the door.

Tul went and locked the door. He turned back and slow clapped for Max. His sarcasm was apparent, "What a performance! You deserve a Maya Award for your performance."

"Tul listen to me," Max said.

"No, you listen to me, Max! I just saw how good you are at lying, acting and manipulating people emotionally, psychologically. DO NOT try that on me. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. I want the truth. If you have feelings for me, then lay out the whole truth in front of me. You already know what questions you have to answer," Tul said sternly.

"Okay," Max breathed deep, "Boun is my ex. We have been together for the past six months but he was cheating on me with Tan and yes, that body is Boun's.

Yes, I lied to you. Yes, I tried to blame you for the murder at first. But that was because I panicked at that moment. I did not want to risk going to jail.

And yes, he died because of me BUT it was accidental. I did not intend to kill him," Max was trying to lay out the truth to Tul from how he saw it. To Max, this was an accident that happened under the influence of alcohol.

"See, I lied about being your cousin because I already figured from his questions and your reaction when he arrived at the door that you are in the wrong.

If I told him we were together, he would have suspected you. And the fact that I helped you carry the body and bury it would put me in jeopardy too. That is the reason I lied - to lead him away from our tails.

That does not excuse anything else, make no mistake, so tell me exactly how it all happened," Tul demanded.

Max then gave him the account of the whole truth.

"So you killed him under the influence of alcohol. You THINK it was an accident but Max, it happened with your own hands. You applied the force on his neck. You kept strangling him even when you saw his face growing red, when he was gasping for breath. You can not push it under the rug by blaming alcohol. It does not work that way," Tul now spoke in a gentler tone, trying to make Max understand.

Clearly Max was messed up in the head and needed help, Tul was realizing that.

Max replied, "I understand that but if I were not under the influence of alcohol, I would have acted differently."

"Are you sure of that? Cause I have my doubts," Tul stated.

Max looked into Tul's eyes, speechless.

Tul took a moment of silence to process everything Max just said.

Tul was in a dilemma. He has feelings for Max, but Max committed a murder, but Tul is also an accomplice in it since he helped Max carry the body and bury it.

Tul suddenly remembered something.
Tul spoke again looking into Max's eyes, "Another thing is the burying part in the forest. That did not seem like the first time for you."

Max looked at Tul and he thought he can trust Tul. So he confessed, "Yes, that was not the first time."

Now Tul was getting afraid again. The feeling of fear identical to the one when he discovered the body back at the cottage was creeping up on him.

This was not the first time for Max burying a body? No matter how much attraction they had for each other, if Max was a serial killer, Tul needed to get away from him.