Chapter 17

"Max, leave me, you are hurting me. It's choking me." Boun pleaded.

"Choke to death, you slut. You deserve this," Max shouted, raging with fire.

Boun was losing breath and he was not strong enough to fight Max. He tried to remove Max's hand from his neck but Max's grip was too strong.

Boun was gasping for breath now. He was losing consciousness.

Max was too drunk and too emotional to reason what he was doing. He tightened his grip and Boun kept gasping. Boun's face grew red and his eyes grew bigger.

Max turned around with him and pushed him onto the sofa and did not let go of his grip.

Boun started throwing off his hands and legs.

Max started crying. He got up on top of Boun and sat on top of his stomach. He kept hurling abuses at Boun and kept on strangling him.

After some time, Boun stopped moving.
Noticing this, Max let go.

He saw the mark his fingers left on Boun's throat.

He tried to shake Boun to wake him up but no response.

Boun was dead. He just killed Boun, he thought.

He started to panic,  "What have I done! What have I done! Oh no. No, no, no, no, no."

He got up and then got on his knees and started pushing Boun trying to wake him up as his last hope, "Boun? Please tell me you are not dead! Boun? Oh no. Not again. Wake up Boun! Wake up!"

No response.

Realizing that it was too late now, he started pacing around the room, thinking about what to do next. He was a murderer.

Even though he did not intend to kill Boun, he was drunk and angry and he did not know better. He tried to reason with himself and justify his killing.

"I can't go to jail for this. I did not want to kill him. It was an accident," He said to himself.

In that drunken state, he went up and brought sponge and soap and tried to wash and clean Boun's neck to wipe his fingerprints off of it.

Even after doing that, he wasn't so sure if he was successful in removing the fingerprints or not.

He was panicking. He had to get rid of the body. He picked up the dead body and carried it upstairs to the dungeon.

He opened the chest and put the dead body inside on top of his costumes and props. Then he closed the chest.

He then went back to his room and lay down on the bed, trying to think of a way to get rid of the body. His mind was not working.

Then he thought, "I can't bury him now. I need to be sober. I need to wait till tomorrow night when it is dark again."

Fixing his plan in his head to bury the body the next night in the jungle, he fell asleep.