Chapter 18

Waking up the next morning, Max went to the dungeon and checked on the body. It was lying inside the chest.

He tried to get rid of the thought of the body from his mind so he can pass the day somehow until night falls.

He went back to his room and started working on his remote job.

Anyway, his plan was fixed. he would go about his day like usual. Then at night, he would find another spot in the forest to bury the body. He already had the shovel in the storage, so that would come handy.

He also went online to do some research on how to bury a body into the ground to help him bury it properly so that no one finds out.

When night fell, he was growing anxious. He was waiting for the clock to hit past midnight so that the roads would become quieter and then there would be no chance of anyone noticing what he was going to do.

He decided he would take the body out at 2 a.m. By then there would be no chance that anyone would be walking around in the forest so late at night and the roads would be almost free of cars.

He went upstairs and checked on the body again at around 12 a.m.

Then he came down, poured himself a drink and sat down on the sofa. He sat there silently for 45 minutes and he became calm and composed. He was in control of his emotions. He was sober and mentally preparing himself for the task.

At 12.45, there was a knock on his door. He got up, "Who could come here at this hour?"

He went ahead and opened the door and there was this stranger standing in front of him. He was mesmerized at first sight.

A young handsome man, Max thought.

"Yes? Need some help?" Max asked, breaking away from his thought.

"Yeah, hi. I am Tul," the stranger said.

Present day...

Max drove Tul to Chiang Mai.

Leaving Tul at the modeling gig, Max went to do some shopping.

Tul had puffy eyes and the make-up artist asked him before the shoot, "Did you not sleep last night? You have baggy eyes."

"It was a rough night," Tul sighed and then said, "Leave that. Just put on some extra concealer to cover it up."

Tul finished his shoot and called Max, "My shoot is done. Are you done shopping?"

"Yes, you said it would end by 5 p.m. I remember that and I am waiting outside for you. On time."

"Such a doting partner. Wait, I am coming out," Tul teased and hung up.

Max handed Tul a packet of Mixxie and a bottle of juice and said, "You must be tired. Have this."

Tul asked, "Are you driving again?"

"Yes, let me. You take rest. We can switch places halfway to Bangkok."

"Okay, sounds good," Tul agreed.

They got into the car and left for Bangkok.