Chapter 27

"I am not sure. Should I just burn the sim card? And break the phone into pieces?" Max asked.

Tul suggested, "You know just in case he does have a few friends who might pop up someday wondering where he is gone, we should do something. I have an idea. Give me the phone."

Max handed the phone to Tul.
Tul typed in a status update, "Hello everyone. I am moving to Africa to work for an NGO and will not be available online for a long time. Keep me in your prayers. Khob Khun Khrab."

He then showed the phone to Max and said, "See if this is fine or not. This way his friends, if he had any, will not suspect anything about his disappearance."

Max removed the "Keep me in your prayers" part from the status update because he knew Boun was an atheist. Then Max posted the status update.

Max now turned to Tul and said, "Did you notice that your self defence is kicking in again and making you do these things so that you can keep yourself safe? You just did what I did before. You pretended to be Boun to post a status update just so his death remains hidden from the world so that you do not land in trouble."

Tul just got shown the mirror by Max. When situation demands, Tul also does things that might be unethical or immoral.

"Wait what is this?" Max just noticed a spycam app when he exited from the social media app after posting the status on Boun's phone.

He clicked on it and Tul leaned forward to watch.

It had a few folders with different dates as the names of the folders and there were videos inside those folders.

"What is this?" Tul asked.

Max clicked on one of the folders and clicked on Cam 1 video. It was a video of the living room at the cottage. The video showed Boun having sex with Tan on the sofa in front of the fireplace. Max turned the video off instantly.

He then clicked on the video named Cam 2. It was a video of the dungeon. In this video Tan was inserting a dildo inside Boun's buttcrack.
Max turned it off as well.

He did not turn on the video named Cam 3 because he understood it would be a video of Tan and Boun having sex in Max's bedroom.

"So he was also a pervert, secretly recording everything and keeping the sexual parts on his phone to watch later," Max felt disgusted. His ex brought another man into his own house and had sex in his bedroom.

But why would he install spycams, Max thought! Maybe so that he can keep an eye on Max because of his insecurities or maybe to sneak in Tan into the house when Max wasn't home, making sure Max doesn't walk in on them.

"You had no clue about the cams?" Tul asked.

"No, Boun must have installed spy cameras in the house without letting me know."

"But see it skips some days. The live recordings must be going to some sort of storage device. From there he must've saved these videos on his phone to view later. See these are all videos of them having sex in the cottage. What about the other times!" Tul said.

"Yeah, the live recordings must be on his laptop then. We have to go and delete all the data from there. We can't have anyone else finding the videos. The videos of the night of the murder must be there, also us carrying the body out of the cottage - those recordings are all there I am sure. We have to go there and destroy the files before the house demolition guys arrive in a few days."

"Let's go today. I don't have any work. Do you?"

"Yes, I have some work to do but I can't focus on it until this work is done. So let's go," Max looked at Tul, ready to go.

They left the condo and reached the cottage in the evening, after hours of driving.