Chapter 34

Max saw Tul's face and asked, "What happened now? You look sad."

"What? No, I am fine," Tul lied, faking a smile.

Max immediately called the waiter for the bill. The waiter brought the bill and put it in front of Tul.

So instinctively Tul picked it up and opened it. Instead of the receipt, he found a beautiful ring with diamonds all around it, sparkling in the light of the restaurant.

Tul's expression turned from sadness to surprise, to excitement to being overwhelmed.

Tul looked up to look at Max but he wasn't on his chair. He was at the stage already. The artists had just finished singing a song. The lead singer handed the microphone to Max.

Max spoke, "Can I have your attention please, everyone? So I am here to make a proposal. I have always been a good public speaker but for some reason today my heart is pounding. I am nervous."

Max took the mic near his chest to let people hear his heartbeat. No sound could be heard by the public.

He said, "Okay, awkward. But trust me, my heart is beating so fast right now. The past few days of my life have been nothing but painful. But luckily I didn't have to face the pain alone.

There is this person who was there with me throughout my hard times. He listened to me, he gave me a chance and he accepted me for the worst flaws I had in me and helped me overcome those flaws to become a better man.

He could have given up on me but he didn't. He fought with me and he helped me grow. He stood by me and that says something. He is a keeper.

And today, I am here to make a grand gesture because I think he deserves it. He deserves all the love and all the appreciation. And I want to proudly present him to the world and I want the world to know how much he means to me.

So today, I want to propose to him. Spotlights please!"

All the lights in the restaurant turned dim and the silver spotlight turned on and it flashed on Tul.

Max continued his speech, "That, everyone, is the man who is my rock. That is the man for whom I will do anything. That is the man I want to spend my whole life with and today he was expecting that I would propose him to be my boyfriend but I think he deserves more than that. From what I have seen so far, I know he is going to be there for me throughout my life. Then why should I just make him my boyfriend!

So today, I want to propose to him about something else."

Max then walked down the stage and went up to Tul. The spotlight was now on both of them.

Max got down on his knees. Tul's eyes were sparkling with water.

Max said on the mic, "Tul, will you do me the honour of becoming my husband? Will you marry me?"

Tul had his mouth wide open, covering them with both his hands in shock. He wasn't expecting this at all. But he wanted this in the future. So why waste any time when he knows this is what he wants in future.

Tul nodded, unable to control his tears from falling down his cheeks and said, "Yes, I will marry you!"

Max got up and took the ring from the table and put it on Tul's ring finger and everyone clapped in unison for the happy couple.

The lead singer came to take the mic back from Max.

Max embraced Tul in a tight hug and whispered, "I love you."

Tul replied back, "I love you with all my heart."

Max replied to that, "I love you more than my life."

Tul hugged him tighter.

The crowd cheered and applauded and clapped for MaxTul.

The lead singer said, "And now our next song is dedicated to Tul with love from Max."

He then started singing the song while Max locked lips with Tul under the spotlight.

---------------------- The End ---------------------