Chapter 31

Max was taken to the operation theater immediately to take the bullet out from his body. Tul stayed outside the OT for the entire time.

After the procedure was over, the doctor came out and said, "It is better if he rests for a couple of days at home. And the medicines have been prescribed. Collect them from the pharmacy please."

Tul thanked the doctor and watched the nurses carry an unconscious Max out of the OT.

Max was transferred to a cabin in the hospital.

Tul sat down beside him, caressing his hair as he lay there, unconscious.

Tul was reminded of how their sex drive soared high the first time they encountered each other and how they had kissed that night, the intense sex they had the first time they met. He remembered all the teasing Max did and their romantic moments together. Then he remembered how Max got himself in harm's way just to save Tul.

All the flashback of memories brought tears in Tul's eyes. He said, "Max, get alright soon. We will then start our journey together. This time I am a 100% into you. No doubts."

Max was discharged from the hospital after two days of rest and Tul took him back to the condo. He still had to rest a few more days and not do any heavy work, especially with his left hand.

A few days passed...
Max came back from the police station. Tul just prepared dinner for the two of them.

Max entered the condo and spoke while taking his shoes off, "So Boun's father is being taken for a medical examination because his lawyer has used the excuse that he is mentally unstable. Now whether he is actually crazy or not, the medical reports will confirm that. The judge's decision will be based on that.

The lawyer said that based on our statements and the spycam video footages they collected from Boun's laptop, we might be charged with monetary penalty for what we did that night but we won't be jailed.

Also I thought Tan would know about the spycams but when he was questioned, he said he did not know about them.

So the only reason I can see for installing the spycams is that Boun knew how his father was and was most likely afraid that his father would do something like this.

So he installed the spycams to stay alert and to collect evidence and inform the police with the video footages if his father tried to break in and cause him physical harm, which he did but unfortunately Boun lost his life in all this.

Also got to know that Boun's father had hired private detectives to spy on Boun and got to know where Boun lived from those detectives. That's how he knew about the cottage.

The detectives were brought in for questioning and they admitted to it. So Boun's father was stalking Boun all these months, harbouring the hatred for his own son for being gay and was waiting for a chance to kill.

On that night, he was there, outside the cottage. Hs watched how drunk we were and saw us fighting. Then when he found the perfect opportunity to murder, he went in and committed it. I got lucky that night that he did not enter my bedroom to kill me after killing Boun.

He has confessed to the killing but now that his lawyer is using that medical condition shit to try to save him, this case might go on longer."

"This is too much to take in," Tul sat down on the dining table chair.

Max sat down too and held his hand.

They both sat there silently for some time.

"I can't believe such homophobic psychos exist today in this modern world," Tul said with disbelief.

"I know...and people like him will face the consequences for being so hateful. He won't get free. He will be punished. Don't you worry!"

"He killed his own son just because his son wanted to be with someone of the same gender. How nonsensical is the logic behind this hatred! Like you want to kill someone because they want to love and spend their life with the same gender instead of the opposite gender. Like what even!" Tul sighed.

Max just nodded in unison with Tul, giving him some time to express how he was feeling.