Chapter 22

The next day, the men were up early. And the women were still in pajamas. Silk of course. Harvey was saying goodbye to Sharon first. While Marissa hung back a few inches from Harvey. Harvey hugged Sharon and he began to get scared. He knew The plan was a good one and he was protected but he was scared for his new family. This could be used against him. And now he had a new brother, he always wanted one.

"Listen, son, take care of yourself but watch after your dad and brother got it," she said as if he'd been hers forever. He nods to her. Harvey reaches for his sister and hugs her. She is scared for them. Mostly Drake. He was a real wanted dead man. And Frank would kill him on sight.

"Take care of him please, and take care of Dad too, this is the family we should've had," she said. Harvey let go and smiled.

"I promise he will come back to you," he said. Brad hugged his wife. And then he came to his newly found daughter. While Drake hugged his mom, he listened to his dad.

"Listen to me, stay strong for Mom and grandad over there because they rely on your strength as much as you rely on theirs okay," he said. She nods.

"Come here sweetheart," he said hugging her and kissing her head.

"We may not have been born with the same blood but we are family. And I love you so much, and no matter what happens I will protect my children, all of them, don't you worry about a thing okay girl," he said. She nods and lets go. She's in tears.

"Hey, I just wanted to tell you how much you mean to me, I love you, and if I hadn't met you, I wouldn't know what true family values meant, and the love you've shown me, it's more than I could have asked for, so come back to me, all of you," she said looking at Drake too. He notices the look in her eyes. But he can't get himself to walk over to her. Instead, he just walks to the door and stops.

"Stay safe," he said. She didn't understand why he was closing himself off. It didn't make sense.

"He cares about you Marissa, he is just scared that he will put you in harm's way, or that you'll convince him not to do this," Brad said. And she nods. He tells the girls and Charles goodbye and leaves.

Marissa was heartbroken by Drake. But she had her mother figure and newfound granddad. And she knew that they would help her through it. Heartache was rough. And Marissa had been through some heartache in life. But she learned respect from it. If someone made you feel worthy of being family you treated them as such. If you found a mother in someone then call them such. Or a father. It was called respect for those people. People had multiple moms and dads everywhere because they respected people and they felt as though they were their mothers or fathers. Nothing was wrong with it.

In the car, Brad is talking the plan over and Drake is looking at the photos his mother sent of himself and Marissa. And he can't think straight. He loved her so much. And his parents loved her and that should've been enough but he had to keep her safe. It didn't matter that he loved her. All that mattered was that she was safe. And that she didn't stop him from keeping her safe. He was worried about her. And she should have understood that but he didn't think she did.

Harvey looked over at his newly found brother, and he sighed. Brad could see the pain in his face. And he grabs his son by the shoulder. And Drake looks up with a fear in his eyes. Brad knew it well. He wasn't afraid for himself. He was afraid for her. She was under his skin. Brad and Harvey both knew it. She got to him. And he fell hard for her. And he was in so deep he couldn't swim away now.

"Look bro, she is tough, I've watched her for years, I know my sister thinks she's got everything figured out but she had no idea, and that's what makes her who she is, she is strong-willed and pretty good combat to combat fighter, and she knows that gun well too, don't worry too much about her, we are only an hour away from her," Harvey said. Drake nods and grins. And places his hand on his chin and mouth.

"I should've hugged her or told her how I felt," Drake says feeling guilty. But Brad shakes his head.

"Would it have made a difference, she still would have felt responsible for all of this like you, and she would have insisted on going or stopping us, she's strong-wheeled like you," Brad said. Harvey chuckled.

"Yeah she is like you, which is why you are perfect for each other, both are stubborn and strong, and so serious," Harvey laughed. Making Drake laugh.

The rest of the ride was in silence. Drake kept looking at her pictures. She was so beautiful to him. And innocent. And he was in love with her, but he couldn't tell her because he wouldn't want to leave her and this had to be done. Or he thought it did. And maybe he was right. Or maybe he wasn't. But his feelings were still the same about her. So what difference would doing this make? Would it make one?

They arrived an hour later at the hotel a few miles out. They would drive to the nearest stop sign and walk the rest of the way, to make sure Frank doesn't suspect anyone else is around. But they had high-tech listening devices. Small but effective. And guns in case bullets started flying. And they settled into their hotel. To go over the plan again. And the plan was simple. The two boys would be outside the dining hall, while Frank was eating his dinner. Frank won't suspect anything is amiss. So they would listen in and Harvey would talk him down to confess what he did, they call the police while he's talking giving them the address and telling them they caught the murderer of Devin Williams. He gets arrested and all goes well.

If only it were that simple.