**Chapter TwentyOne**

George lowered himself to the ground with shaky knees. His hands trembled as he picked up the small bag. He knew all too well what this was. He inspected the small bag with tears pricking his eyes.

He was frozen. His whole body was shaking. He crumbled to the ground, feeling his vision go blurry. Tears rushed down his face at a rapid pace. He slowly picked up his phone, only knowing one person that could help. Wilbur.

  The taller brit picked up immediately,

"Hey George! Hows-" however he quickly cut himself off as he heard the quiet sobs coming from the other line.

"George? What's going on? Are you okay?" The worry was apparent in his voice.

"He's- he's doing the same shit Jay did Wilbur,"

"What? Like your brother Jay? Who is?" Wilbur spoke frantically on the other line.

"I- I was j-just looking for shampoo, I forgot mine so I was going to use his and I couldn't find it and something fell out and-" George rambled.

"Hey man, take a deep breath. You need to get out of there. Go for a walk or something. Keep me on the phone but you need to leave for a bit," Wilbur spoke calmly.

  Wilbur was the only one who knew exactly what happened to Jay. He was George's younger brother. He was always successful and a good kid however when he got into high school, the stress got to him. He started smoking weed, which spiraled into worse. When he was sixteen, he overdosed. George's mental health only got worse from there. Wilbur had always been there whenever George needed him, even if it was odd hours of the night.

  George listened to his best friend. He didn't bother putting anything back or hiding it. He left everything where it was, wiped his tears, and headed straight to the front door.

  As he passed the couch full of everyone he felt his heart drop. He muttered a quick I'm going for a walk, I'll be back and left. He had no clue where he was going, but he didn't care. He was all alone in a foreign town.

  Wilbur was still on the phone, just making sure George was okay. When the brunette spotted a small park with no one in it, he headed towards the swings. He sat down, and completely broke down. His sobbing was uncontrollable.

"George, I know this is really hard for you and I'm sorry. I just want you to know I love you, and I'm here for you," the boy on the phone said. "Dream had been doing this before but- he told us he stopped. He told us he was better." Wilbur said with a deep breath.

George didn't respond. He just sat on the swings. That's when his phone dinged.

Dream
Hey baby are you okay?

The brunette sighed, "Dream is texting me," he said.

The two sat there in silence. Wilbur stayed on the line for another 30 minutes making sure the boy wouldn't do anything irrational.

"George it's getting dark, you should go back." Wilbur stated kindly.

However George refused. He would not be going back. By this time his phone was blowing up from messages from Dream, messages that he had no intentions on answering.

"George please," Wilbur pleaded.

This is when George snapped. "No Wilbur! You can not physically make me do anything! I'm not going back and I don't care what you say!" He hung up.

The puffy eyed boy sat alone under the night sky. His phone was ringing off the hook but he simply silenced it and laid down on the grass. His thoughts were whirling and he couldn't wrap his mind around what happened.

Ten minutes later George saw headlights shining into the park. He immediately recognized the car and his heart started to race. He soon calmed down once he saw his raven haired best friend emerge and walk towards him.

Sapnap laid down next to George. No words were spoken until soft sobs filled the air. Sapnap sat them both up and engulfed George in a hug.

"Wilbur called, he told me everything," the boy whispered kindly, rubbing the others back as his tears soaked their shirts.

"George I'm so sorry, I promise I thought he stopped that shit. This was supposed to be a fun vacation." The raven haired boy said apologetically.

"It's not your fault Sap, I'm just so confused," George choked out.

"He's waiting for you, he knows you know,"

The two boys sat on the grass for a little longer before heading home. As they pulled into the driveway they could see all the lights turned off except one room, Dream's.

Sapnap trudged up the stairs with George following.

"Can you come with me, to talk to him." George said quietly.

Sapnap nodded and lead them to the room in question. He took a deep breath and wrapped his fingers around the doorknob, pushing it open without bothering to knock. There sat a very distraught blonde on the bed. His head was placed in his hands, rocking back and forth.

And so they talked. They cried. They yelled. So many emotions came out of all the boys. George explained the situation with his brother. Dream explained how he was currently a few months sobers. He stopped the night they started dating. He brought it with him for a feeling of comfort.

"That's the funny thing about addictions. Even though you're slowly killing yourself, it brings a feeling of peace and comfort." Dream said with a sad laugh. "However George, you started to be my comfort. You started to help me and I didn't need it. My angers been getting worse because withdrawal has been hard." The blonde said.

"Dream you know I'm always here for you, why didn't you tell me you were going through withdrawals?" The brunette questioned kindly.

"I didn't you to think differently of me. I didn't want to worry with everything you have going on in your life," Dream said sadly.

George scooter over and gave the blonde a tight hug, "I could never think of you differently, I love you so much," he said with tears starting to stream down his face.

Sapnap joined in, inviting himself into the embrace, "and man you know you always have me, I'm here to support you no matter what. You're like my brother," the raven haired man said.

The three boys sat all huddled together for awhile. They shared tears and emotions and over all love. They felt safe together.

After Sapnap went to his room, Dream and George climbed into bed. They held each other with passion, afraid if they let go the other would disappear.

George looked up into the emerald green eyes above him.

"You're my home Dream, I don't know what I would do without you. I'm so sorry I didn't realize you were struggling," he said lightly running his hand over his boyfriend's smooth face.

"Do not blame yourself. I was the one who was scared to tell you. You couldn't have known any better," the taller boy said playing with the soft brunette head of hair on his chest.

"I love you," they said in unison, light laughter filled the air. They soon fell asleep in the comfort of the other's arms.

George was gasoline to Dream's flame. He kept him alive and burning. Without him, there would be nothing to fuel that fire.

A/N
Hey everyone!! I don't think I like how this chapter turned out but it was good friendship development for George and Sap!! The next chapter is gonna be some really cute fluff so prepare for that!! We're almost at 7K which I can't believe! Also if you didn't see my announcement I'm moving my posting schedule to every other day. I'm starting a new job soon plus I have school and the other job I already have so it's gonna be a little hectic here! I hope everyone is doing well and taking care! I love you guys and I'll see you soon! <3

-S