Chapter 33:

Kahron

"You told me to come get Aubree and you ain't even here." I said to Niylah over the phone.

"I'm two minutes away. Dumbass got arrested so I had to go pick him up."

"Who? Ny? For fuckin what?" I ask.

"I'ma let him tell you." She said as she pulled up in the driveway and we hung up.

"She sleep so I'ma just move her to your car while you talk to his ass." She said rolling her eyes at Ny then going to the back for Aubree.

"What's up bruh?" I ask.

"What's up?" He mumbled rubbing the back of his neck.

That's my little brother right there and I want nothing, but the best for him. So him doing that let me know he did something that was going to piss me off.

"Oh you quiet now? You ain't being ya usually talk shit self now, huh? Why you get arrested?"

"I, uh." He mumbled stepping back.

I chuckled. "Why you stepping back?"

"Because I don't want you hitting me. Knowing I got too much respect for you to hit you back."

"I ain't gonna hit you. Why would I hit you?"

"Because you have before."

I nodded remembering a year ago when we were still in New York and he went to a party and was drinking at only 17. Niylah made his ass come home. He was mad and drunk so started calling her all types of bitches. So yeah, I jacked his ass up a few good times.

"If I said I ain't gonna hit you then I'm not." I said becoming annoyed.

"I've been selling." He mumbled.

"For fuckin what? Tell me, please fuckin tell me how fuckin stupid that sounds when I told when we moved out here as long as you continued going to college and that was ya main focus, I got you. I'm giving you free fuckin money bruh, so why the fuck would you need to sell? When you know for fuckin fact that I told you I didn't want you in these streets. If you need, no not even fuckin need, if you fuckin want more I got you Ny. All you gotta do is ask."

"You went to school, yet still had made ya own money, all while in these streets. I wanted to do the same, I don't wanna have to depend on somebody all the time."

"Bruh," I said getting frustrated. "I get it. I do and I respect the shit out of it, but I think it's fuckin stupid. I wish I would have had somebody at my back willing to fuckin help me, I wouldn't have been in those fuckin streets. I got lucky and didn't end up in jail before finishing school. That shit sucks you in, I know that because even after finishing school I stayed in these streets. You don't need that shit tho bruh. You got Niylah and you got me. You must be fuckin bored out here. You that bored, I'ma put ya ass to work at one of the clubs."

"I'm making his ass come with me." I said to Niylah.

She nodded. "Okay."

"Kaelyn what are you doing?" I heard Mo ask as we walked into the house.

We walked into the kitchen where Mo was sitting at the counter and Kae had her face buried in the fridge trying to get a yogurt.

I chuckled grabbing it, opening it, and handing it to her.

"Hi Da." She said smiling up at me.

"Hi Kae." I said back.

"Luh you." She said hugging my legs.

"Love you too." I said.

"Tiss." I laughed bending down giving her my cheek.