Chapter 36:

Morgan

"Come take a ride with me. I wanna talk." Mogul said.

"What? Why, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Just wanna talk." He said stuffing his hands in his pockets.

I nodded slowly then stood up placing my feet back in my sandals since I was already dressed.

"I'm stealing her for awhile." He said to Kahron as he walked out of the kitchen.

"What's up? The dinner is in a few, yall didn't make yall final decision yet. I told Mo yall don't have to go. I don't feel it's right for us to force yall to do something yall don't wanna do."

"We're going. We'll meet yall there." Mogul said.

"What?" I ask looking at him like he's crazy.

"Just come on." He said.

"Well where are we going?" I ask once we are in the car.

"Somewhere."

"We haven't been here in years." I whispered as we pulled up to the cemetery.

"Trust me." Mogul said holding his hand out for me to take helping me out his car.

"I have a love hate relationship with the fact that basically the only thing that I remember clearly about her, is her yellow roses." I said as Mogul got the dozen yellow roses out the back.

"I know this coming from me sounds crazy as fuck, but I had this random ass dream last night and I feel like it was a sign. Even tho we were both young when she died, you younger. With what I remember of her I know she would want us to give him a chance. Even if we don't want."

"I can't help but think if he would have stayed around she would still be here. I know it's wrong to think that but-" I stopped talking because I was getting choked up as tears blurred my vision.

Mogul wrapped his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer. "Or they both couldn't be here right now. Shit we couldn't even be here right now."

I nodded because he was right.

"I wish I remembered her." I whispered wiping under my eyes.

"That's another thing, I'm sure he'd be willing to tell us stories about her. Might even have pictures of her."

I smiled a little at that. "True."

"So are we going?" He asks.

"Yeah, but let's stay here and talk to her for awhile. Tell her about our lives, how good we're doing, and about her grandkids. I'm sure she's looking over us knowing this already, but I wanna stay a lil longer." I said wrapping my arm around his waist.

"We can do that."

"Well look who it is." Mama K said as we walked into the back room of the restaurant everybody was in.

We are late, but we are here.

"Why you look like you've been crying? What happened? What's wrong?" Kahron asks coming up to me as soon as we walked through the door.

I shook my head. "They weren't sad tears. I'm fine."

"You sure?" He asks.

"Yes."

"You sure, you sure?"

I blushed looking up at him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He said bending down to kiss me.