Bloodsport

At a very luxurious Gotham hotel, a mysterious man and a staff worker entered an expensive penthouse. The valet put the man's usage down and gestured to the room.

“The penthouse suite as you requested. Finest view in the city.” He then held out his hand, expecting a tip. The man walked right past the valet. “Will you need anything else, sir?” The valet asked, mildly annoyed. 

The man took off his trench coat to reveal a nice white suit. “Privacy.” Was all he stated as he walked over to the balcony. The man looked over the view of Gotham with a blank expression until a mosquito flew near.

His eyes trained the flies every movement, and he watched how the insect bit him on the hand before flying off.

Angered, the man pulled out a blowgun and, with grim accuracy, shot the tiny fly. He smiled, seeing his prey dead.

~8~

Meanwhile, in the Evergreen Recycling Center, Batman and Nightwing were busy surveying a group of chop shoppers. “You were right. They’re into recycling big time,” Batman told Bruce through the coms. “There’s only one hitch. Those cars are stolen,” Bruce responded. “Guess it’s time we make our cue,” Nightwing teased. 

A thug operating a claw machine turned around to see the two heroes coming right at him. Batman kicked the guy down as he and Nightwing landed on a car. The rest of the criminals were alerted and started coming at them. “Slag them!” One cried out.

Two thugs got close to the car but were met with the hood to their faces courtesy of Nightwing. While she blasted off to deal with some other guys, a man with a heated metal blade swatted at Batman. The blade’s heat plus the manpower behind it caused the car Batman was on to split in half. 

Startled, he fell to the ground. But the thug persisted and tried to hit him. Batman rolled left to right dodging the blows. “Oh, and Terry, there was one other thing,” Bruce interrupted.

“Yeah?”

“Your mother called. She wants you to pick up some milk on the way home.”

“Milk!?” Eliana heard her boyfriend exclaim. She would've busted out laughing had she not been preoccupied with not getting bashed in by a crowbar. 

“Uh, that’s gonna have to wait,” Terry replied. Suddenly, the man he was dealing with was hit from behind. Terry looked up to see his girlfriend smiling as big as a joker.

“Milk huh?”

~8~

The next morning, Terry was shaken awake by his mother. “Huh, what?” He asked groggily. “Did you get the milk last night?” Mary questioned. Terry’s eyes widened, “Jeez, mom, I forgot, I’m so sorry. I was totally slagged.”

After stopping the shop choppers, he and Eliana were called away to stop a heist. He totally forgot the errand he was expected to complete. 

Mary looked at her son disappointedly. “Ter, I know you’ve been working hard for Mr. Wayne and I’m really proud of you, but I need your help too. Keeping this house running isn't easy-” “Especially when you're studying for that stupid exam,” Terry cut in with a grumble. 

Mary frowned, “Look I need to pass that certification to get a promotion at work. It’s hard, but I just can’t do everything alone.” Terry sighed. He knew his mom had been struggling to keep the family afloat after his dad’s untimely passing. And it wasn’t fair to chew her out.

“I know, I’m sorry, I’ll pitch in more. I promise,” Terry vowed, placing a comforting hand on his mother’s shoulder. Her relieved smile made him happy.