CHAPTER FOUR: NO BUTTERFLIES IN DECEMBER

To say I was a bit surprised to feel someone playing with my toes would be a lie.

...
Shared my first apartment with the ape right before my dad passed away and he'd wake me just the same way each time I'd sleep in after an overtime. And our last vacation he would wake me the same way.

But just six weeks after sharing an apartment with him I moved out and sadly I can't recall a thing about what happened after the incident. I guess I was too broken to actually be around most of the people I know. I distanced myself from family and only him and the twins knew my new residence , it was great until I got so buried in the work I started and it soon faded into the past memory that I remember now. By then Jaden was into taking more advanced bio-technology related courses.

It was funny, after all his family do own a very successful Architecture and real estate Developing enterprise and here he was trying to get a medical degree.

Anyway, it took everything in me to not move back in with him after I got my bearings straight. We got along better than I did with the rest of the guys. Although he hardly got involved in relationships, he definitely did attract enough drama, romantically at the office.

At some point I would have absolutely been involved with him but we'd been friends for so long I wasn't sure how it would work out especially now that the Christopher drama is all out in the open.

'why can't I just sleep in peace!' I mentally palmed myself.
Tried to kick his hand away, to no avail.

"What do you want?" I groaned tossing lazing on the love seat causing me to lose my setting and falling off it. Definitely wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last. But it was the most effective way to get me up faster.

"To watch you do that! Literally and hypothetically." Responded Jaden, in his ever lazy voice. It's like someone had cast a lazy tone on him that he's hardly using anything NOT LAZY-toned lately.

"What's up with you? Can't people get a great night's rest anymore in this beachousion, huh?" I whined as I mastered enough energy for an exaggerated shrug, picking up the covering I had shielding me from the chilly morning weather and sat on the sofa again.

"Here!" I turned in time to receive a coffee mug from the dream spoiler and rest taker.

More like Freddy Kruger's reincarnate.

"If you're back to comparing me with supposed to be dead movie characters, I suggest you take a sip before you fall on that precious mug." He shot at me with a bored expression on his face.
Guess that came out louder than intended.

Of course he couldn't fool me acting like he was unaffected by how extremely perfect comparisons with my movies are.

"And no your ideas are as dumb as shit for an accredited genius and so I suggest you sip on that, pronto!" He said while taking sit at the adjoining lounge.
The scent filled my nostrils that I decided to pay heed and actually taste the bloody contents of my cup.

"I see she finally taught you how to make awesome tea, tried having made pan cakes along with this? You know even toast works fine with me. Maybe add a lot less creamer next time, preferably none at all." I loudly advised after a while, teasing and sarcastically criticizing his attempts to make up for the passed days he had spent with his 'beloved' completely forgetting he had a workmate and awesome individual that needed his company, sometimes...
Okay all the time.

"We broke up! well technically she told me it was too early to start anything after we hardly even converse when we are together. Do you think I was too boring for her? I mean I can be unusually quiet and wait for other to start conversations but maybe I was just too boring?" He spoke in his usual tone but loud enough for me to listen clearly without even realizing his words and what he had just admitted taking a careful long sip of his obviously great black coffee from the strong scent he had left behind when walking over to his current seat.