CHAPTER 27: TRIPPED ON AILES

"Wait! Wait! Hold up! Will you? How exactly is a marriage going to help you?" Asked Norah from my right side.

She casually leaned against the headrest of her arm chair waiting for me to respond with her eyes looking directly at mine.

I was trying to get them in on the plan so that we were all prepared for anything. But so far only Norah looked to be interested.
But, well am not surprised how it all became an interrogation for her.

"Simple, the more power and influence I get the easier it'll be to get the board on our side. And marriage into one of the most prominent business men's family guarantees both." I replied casually.

"But you already have over 50% doesn't that automatically make you qualify?" Norah asked but I just shrugged.
Knowing I was honestly also doing it so that I could have a tease of how marrying Jaden would feel like, be like and see if it's something that'll feel right.

And it somehow did.

Sitting back in my arm chair, after I went to grab my third bowl of yoghurt and some fruit.
I sat facing the screen playing the show we were so tired of watching but still watched every night when we were all not buried in our work.

Mercy on the other hand looked quite interested in whatever was in-between her hands. Her phone.

I motioned to Norah to check out what it was but she just wiggled her brows as if it was the most obvious thing.

What the hell is going on?
What is making her lose focus, that only happens when sh-
Oh... Ohhh...

I realized what was happening and burst out laughing, making her snap out of whatever trance she had just been in and Norah joined in too.

"We're certainly whooped, aren't we?"
Norah asked rhetorically.
And I agreed still with an exaggerated shake of my head.

"The hell guys! Are you guys okay? I almost dropped my phone for crying out loud!" Mercy complained.

Making us laugh even more.

It took a while two hours to make them understand I wasn't just doing this for love, things were different now.
It was pay back time...

★★★

22 hours before present

"You have to stop that ceremony otherwise... I'll do much worse than she promised!" And the line went dead.

★★★

Present time
Meanwhile with the guys

TERRY'S POV

"NO! He can't... What are you even saying? Just make sure he changes his mind. If Thernicy hears about this, we'll all be dead." I warned Emmanuel.
He had been trying to choose the right way to recover the speech Thernicy was going to use later during the meeting after the wedding reception.
We were to officially introduce the would be newly Wed couple to the board, now that Jaden finally decided to take over his father's architectural companies and most of his estates to assert that thernicy was more than ready to take her place in her father's too.

This was all too sudden but anyway that's why they had the best consultant in the biz.
Yeah, me. I did manage most of my father's multi-million dollar company after all so it wasn't a big deal to help get together a few of the continents most prosperous board members to be in favour.

And who is keeping record of  my awesomeness? No one obviously... Yet.

"Mind telling me why you'd all be dead?" I heard thernicy ask from my rear.

"Ah ... No one in particular is dying ... Cause nothing IS wrong." I tried to change the subject, "And why are you in the groom's room?" I teased.

Not getting the reaction I was looking for from her I switched gears.
"Wait are you having cold feet? Ten-"
"No. I just need to see him first. And please don't give me the whole it's a taboo thing cause I'm sure this entire arrangement is a taboo but look where we are." She gestured around enthusiastically.

"And I already received my speech last night. Jaden had a feeling you'd erase it after all the dinner commotion... " She informed with a bothered and distasteful expression at the thought of last night.

"I told you pink was my color!" I praised, admiring the look I effortlessly pulled off last night.

"Don't get corky. But I did like the glitters and confetti." She laughed at the mention of the colorful display probably playing in her head, the female strippers and over use of confetti during the exchange between Emmanuel and one of the hired women.

"Left door on your right. Get lost Tee." I finally said after getting having enough of the thought. I definitely did lose a few points I guess.

★★★

THIRD PERSON'S POV

*Takes a deep breath*
Thernicy holds her bouquet firmly with no one by her side as the slow rhythm takes charge of her steps, making her way towards the man of her dreams. Her final love, she hoped. But it was all just an act but still she played along cause somewhere deep down she knew it'd all disappear just as easily as it came.

Norah next to Terry, With Mercy by her left and Christopher on one end with Emmanuel, Sage and Aunt Jackie occupied the other line of seats a few guests and a some of the people from both companies were in attendance.

It didn't take anymore by surprise that Lucy and Star wouldn't make it but Lloyd's sudden withdrawal was a definite call of distress especially since his sister had already gotten used to the "I'm always here" behavior.

In her simple dress of satin with lace frails, Jaden took her hand in his as she approached the alter.
Taking easy steps. Everything and everyone did not register on their minds yet, everything was too far and faded to be noticed but the piercing sound of a pulled trigger was enough to bring chaos but into the picture.

Okay so I guess y'all wanna kill me and hang me it's cool.
But it's better late than never right? 😁
Please Vote Comment and continue scrolling we're on our last chapter.