CHAPTER 29: DAMN ROSES AND CROTCHETS

18 months later

"Are you coming or should I just go ahead without you?" Thernicy yelled from the apartment living room.
It was a sunny afternoon and it was already approaching the time set for the progression of their friends' wedding.

"And what makes you think I'll ever let you drive again?" Jaden responded in a bored tone as he adjusted his collar and moved past her to collect the keys from the wall right behind her.

"Really? I thought we got over that. And we both know am too traumatized to even think about driving." Thernicy stated teasingly.

It was Lucy and Sage's wedding anniversary. 

Finally after Thernicy regained consciousness and everything was cleared between Her and Sage, it was only right that the two get their happy ever after.

Star was now focused on her career and relationship with her mum, she did try to be a lot less cunning but of course old habits die hard.
She indeed avoided Christopher at first but they later got along again.

Christopher and Abraham were relocating to Denver for a Research program under their new firm.
A hobby they both were realizing to be the perfect dream job for them.

Mercy and Christopher did go on dates a few times but we still don't know how that turned out yet. But since they're planning another one we're guessing it all went great?

Abraham and Anne didn't work out and unfortunately Anne wasn't exactly ready to settle neither was she pregnant.

"Are you going to keep staring at my ass or are we getting a move on?" Jaden asked amusingly.
Very aware that she was lost in thought about something else entirely but he did enjoy the pink that crept on her cheeks as his question dawned on her.

"Beautiful."
"Huh? What did you say?" She looked at him looking for any clue as to what he just whispered about.

"I said were late. Let's go." He said pushing passed the door waiting for her to lead him to the car.

They had moved into a different apartment building closer to the hospital than the last one.
On the first floor to ease her navigation out to the street and into the place.
Both the twins and Lucy were out of town only Emmanuel, Jaden and Thernicy lived in New York.

So it was only right that they all shared the apartment but not long after that than Emmanuel had an expedition in Canada that he left till next spring.

In his defense he just needed the extra exposure but truth is he needed a new scene to work on his experience and discover his own romance.

"Are you sure he's not going to turn up. I mean they're almost like family. He can't miss it." She turned and asked Jaden.

"No, but the guy's full of surprises." He lied right to her face.

★★★

THERNICY'S POV

"We both know he's already here that's why you're taking the long way there so that we can go pick him up." I pointed out to the route we were actually meant to take.
As it disappeared out of view.

"Why did you ask then?" He looked in the rear view mirror at the car behind as it honked because we were so slow.

One of his safety habits which I honestly don't agree with. I mean, I was drugged and it was dark as hell. A PRETTY Huge contrast to now.

"Stop. Gimme the keys now." I finally flustered looking at him expressionless.

"What? No. You're never dri- what are you doing?" He asked as I was already taking my seat belt off. He pulled over and I took it as a chance to slip out and head for the drivers seat.

"Now. Hand them over." He looked at me like he saw a lunatic.

"No. I said no. What's wrong with you? Are you trying to kill yourself?" He asked looking between my eyes trying to understand where the sudden impulse came from.

"Then why are you trying to kill me with frustration? I can't move at a that slow speed.  If that's what you are planning on doing till we get to the venue I'd rather drive myself." I confessed more frustrated about something else entirely and not even about the drive.

He got out of the car and stood blocking my way in.
"Get back in the car Tennis." He ordered forcing himself to look anywhere but at me.

I held my stance.
"Give me the keys Jaden!" I looked him dead in the eyes.

"Get back or else..." He finally fixed his gaze on me.

"What? What Are you going to do ab-" before I could even register he had pressed himself onto me, his lips taking mine so savagely my knees gave in but he roughly pressed me against the edge of the rear door, opening it and guiding me in without me knowing what exactly was happening, he'd the seat belt on me and broke the kiss.

Leaving me panting, closing the door and getting back into his seat, bringing the engine back to life and racing out of the street before I could gather my thoughts about the whole thing.

★★★

"I got a date for Friday. Nick asked me out last weekend. Should I text him. now?" Anne said.

I looked at her but hardly even paid attention to what she was talking about.
My dark blue dress hugged my bust and made it a little hard to breath with all the conflicts in my head about the rest of the drive here.

"Thernicy? Are you okay?" She tapped my shoulder bringing me back.

"Huh? Am- am good yes you should buy those shoes." I commented and moved passed her looking at something more interesting.
He was talking to another girl.
6th one so far.
I'd been watching since we arrived cause he didn't intend to bring up what happened earlier.

A waiter was passing with a vodka shots tray, I immediately took two shots and downed them.
Shoving passed a few guests then I was blocked by a male figure from my view of the exchange I was headed towards.

"Hello, I see you're doing much better. It's me, Benson- Dr. Lloyd Benson." He offered a hand and I took it quite eagerly as a plan formed in my head.

Just in time.
Let's see how this goes now.
Shall we.

Whispers of sweet nothings is just the cherry on the cake compared to the real chase.