CHAPTER 23: TRIPPED ON WILLS

ANONYMOUS POV

I thought in life it's either you had love or power, never both.
I've lived to see all the love die and still I didn't have the power I have been searching for.
Sacrifices and expectations have ruled my dreams and nothing seems to be enough anymore.

They have no idea what is coming for them. The mystery just keeps getting more and more complicated.

★★★

NORAH'S POV

"What the hell!" I whisper-yelled through my phone.
I was locked in my bathroom after Thernicy sent me a text to leave the guys for a while.

Things just got from 'my best friend is about to own a multi billion-dollar company but is kidnapped by her half brother' to 'Childhood friend turned murderer'.

"You know this is too far fetched, right?" I asked her in a hushed tone.

"Yes, I do. But it's the truth. I need you to leave there with Terry somehow. I don't want you near him until we arrive. Okay?" She ordered but the fear laced in her voice made it sound like a plea instead.

"Alright. And none of this is normal but it's the reality so I guess it's not impossible." I finally gave in and cut the line before the guys suspected something.

...

"Terry? Can you come over here for a moment?" I called out from the kitchen. My nerves were wrecking my insides so I choose to not return to my room.

"Yes, what's up?" He came strolling in and took a seat on the stool right opposite me.
"I want to get married!" I blurted out involuntarily.
"What?" He sat there dumbfounded and every part of my body crushed but my heart and my brain.

"Lets get married! I mean we've been together for over six years and dating for almost a month now. I think it's time we sealed the deal. I know your family and you know mine... I love you!" I went on and confessed.

"Took you long enough!" He finally spoke with his charming smile taking over his previously astonished expression.

"You heard everything I just said right?" I asked, surprised that he didn't tell me he loved me back.
Maybe I was just to blind to believe that he really did love me back. None of this was planned but it seemed like a good plan to not seem suspicious about our abrupt departure.

But somewhere amidst the ranting I kinda fell with the flow and didn't realize I had stopped pretending.

"When? When do you want to get married?" Looking at the passage where the man who almost murdered me stood and right in front of me, the one I've always loved but never had it in me to accept that fact.

"Now." I said biting on my trembling lip before either of them noticed.

"Then what are you waiting for? Go. Before he changes his mind!" Abraham encouraged, looking genuinely happy for us. Or was he just so great at pretending that I will never be able to tell.

Without any delay I pulled terry along with me and grabbed my purse before dashing out the door. To safety.

★★★

LLOYD'S POV

The drive to the estate was short since we were already in the out-scapes of the city.