CHAPTER FIVE: SURPRISE

Day 10

The sunny afternoon was a huge contrast to the chilled and rainy mornings we had since our arrival here in Oregon. It occured to me the temperature here was not a constant one. one point its hot and the next there's so much rain you can't even see beyond the window. 

"Guys, We have a problem!" yelled Lucy from the kitchen, while the entire bunch were out on the terrace in mini groups chatting, arguing and some of us just staring into empty space enjoying the scene unfolding in front of us.

"We've run out of fruits and milk, we'll need to drop into town for a grocery pick up." She said as walked to where the majority were. We had gathered our garden chairs in a spacious layout right on the left side of the main entrance. Giving us, well just Jaden and I a view of the river a couple yards away from the house. I guess I've officially joined the lazy and reserved club while everyone else was seated and engrossed in conversation they hardly paid Lucy any attention.

"Are you guys even listening?" she asked in a quite infuriated tone.
*
"Didn't we just get a delivery dairy yesterday?" Asked Jaden lazily.

" Yes, but remember we had use everything up... For UHM the pudding and breakfast pan cakes. Yeah pancakes and breakfast." Norah responded but was a little off pitch with the cakes word. Wonder why?

Anyway, a drive would be great right now.

"We'll go!" I spoke up, regretting it right after the stare I got from the statue standing next to me.

'And to think I was enjoying the peace. But I just had to respond to that! How convenient. At least I won't suffer the long drive alone.' I thought, even my own brain just turned against me.

"Don't even think about it!" he shot at me before I even said a word.

"But-"

"Don't you dare say it! Can't you go with him or them?" he flustered while gesturing to the to terry then the twins and Abraham's circle.

"Ah, no? I want you." I stated and immediately regretted the figure of speech as his features changed into a grinning freak.

"Come again?" he asked now looking directly at me in a weird way.

"Shut up now let's go get some dairy products!" I turned and rushed into the house to randomly grab one of our rented car's keys and change my baggy clothes for a more presentable attire.

Our ride into the busy town area was awkward, to say the least. Neither of intended to make conversation or turn on the radio. The only sound being the GPS Funny how I see this freak everyday but fail to make conversation after a misunderstood statement.

'What a pervert mind this one owns.' I concluded.

"Okay!" I broke the silence as we pulled into the not-so-busy parking lot at a shopping mall Lucy suggested we visit.

"Let's get this over and done with shall we?" I stepped out of my seat and proceed to straighten my Black sleveless floral top as it fell in a tinkled state over my grey skinny jeans.
Taking the jacket I had over my seat and putting it on to shield from the breeze that quietly swept passed us.

"Can we grab some ice cream after? Preferably one on a corn?" he asked as I trailed behind his taller figure.

"Sure, little teddy. I can pick out some new desserts for the other children while we're at it too." I agreed teasingly.

Taking enough time to look around but his height made it a little harder to see the entrance. His muscles flexed in his casual white t-shirt that he paired with a well-fitting grey sweat pant. Amongst all my male close friends I had to admit, this one had the best ass.