Chapter 36

Adam's POV

"Thank you for letting me here to stay Phi!" Nong Zhai said brightly as he helped me prepare his bed for tonight...

"Anything for you Nong Zhai and it's been a while to have somebody in my house" I said then he cocked his head in confusion...

"Oh? Are you living alone?" then I nodded in response...

"Yeah since I was granted a scholarship here in Thailand I didn't want to waste this kind of opportunity..." I said...

"So you are a smart?!" He exclaimed and I shook my head...

"Not really! Let's just say I am just an average student" then I smiled at him...

"How about your family Phi?" He asked...

"My parents and my siblings are in Taiwan. They are still contacting or helping me in various ways so that I can't be struggling here but I kinda felt that I am a burden to them so I did a job hunting for myself and I finally found and worked at the Sunny Café! I am so relief that P'Kit helped me that time!" I explained...

"P'Kit? Who is that Phi?" Nong Zhai asked. Oh yeah! I forgot that Zhai doesn't know P'Kit at all!

"That is Nong Yo's brother! I think both you can get along" then I went grabbed some few pillows and a blanket...

"You are so lucky P'Adam" Nong Zhai mumbled...

"Lucky? What do you mean by that?" I was quite suprised when Nong Zhai said that? It seems like I still don't know this person very much...

"Nothing! More like you know I am really happy that there are a lot of people cherishing and guiding you to your life" then he went to chuckled a little bit. Something is not quite right, I could feel he wants to say something but he couldn't. Is there something wrong Nong?

"But anyways thank you again!" Nong Zhai added and I smiled at him....

"Don't mention it..." I muttered and he went to his bed to sleep peacefully in this cozy and chilly night...

It's been a while when Zhai and I interact with each other personally. We usually chat each other just to annoy one another. Teasing, joking and pranking each other during or after our shifts in our cafes. I feel happy that he is staying here for a while since he told me that something came up badly at his home. More like a family issue I can say. He didn't tell me the exact reason about it but I helped him right away...

and I did feel guilty locking him up in our café that freaking night! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT IDEA ADAM! THAT IS SO EVIL I AM TELLING YOU! and the fact that his Boss already giving him some orders again make me worried. I guess his boss is still meddling him everyday...

and suddenly my phone notified and saw a chat from Mr. Kongthanin!

-----

"No need for Day 2 in renovating  our Café. We will just have a meeting tomorrow afternoon about the upcoming Autumn Festival. Your attendance is a must"

-----

And of course the Festival! It is the 2nd time that our café will join this contest and it makes me so nervous since it's my first time! But at the same time I am determined to win and bring home the bacon for our café!

"You are still awake Phi?" then I didn't realize that Nong Zhai is staring at me tiredly while I am raising my fist! DAMN THAT SO EMBARRASSING! AND IT IS ALREADY MIDNIGHT!?