4. You wanna maybe hang out Friday?

Ryder's POV

When I walked into science all I could think of was Turner's sad smile before he left. I know something is wrong. What was it? I've seen that smile before. When his dad died Turner covered it all up with that sad smile. When he got a new step-dad he covered it up with the smile. What happened? I got out my phone to text Turner because he wasn't at class yet.

Ryder: Hey, y aren't u in class??

I put my phone away right when Mr.Young walked in. Let me tell you though he is anything but young. He has brown hair with a very fast receding hairline. He is almost bald, but the hair that he does have has a few spots of gray in it. His eyes are gray and always sad like he hates being here. Well, he probably does. He's very short and and always dresses like he's going to a funeral.

"No Turner today?" His deep voice asks.

"Nope I don't know where he went." I reply. As soon as I say that my phone vibrates.

Turner: Just got sick im fine dont worry

Ryder: r u sure you were acting strange

"He was sick." I tell Mr Young.

"Alright thanks." He says.

Turner: yeah im fine really

Ryder: ok hope u feel better

I look up just as Brody passes by. I inhale deeply. He smells so good, its like a combination of woodsy and leather jacket. I could smell it all day.

"Ryder right?" He looks at me. I can't breathe. Brody just talked talked to me.

"Y-yeah." I stutter.

"Cool, maybe I'll see you around?" He says with a wink. I try to ignore the butterfly's in my stomach.

"Yeah, maybe you will." I say. He nods and walks to his seat. I can't believe he knows my name. That was amazing.

"Ok, look at me. Pay attention! Class is starting." Mr Young yells at the class.

"Hey, where's Turner?" A voice asks behind me. I turn around and come face to face with Brody. He is so gorgeous. With his bright blue eyes and dark hair. He is really tan and has the perfect jawline. I can't help but look at his lips. There just so perfect and I want to kiss them so bad.

"Uhh, he's sick," I manage to say and pull my attention back to his eyes, "Why?"

"So now that he's gone I can finally sit near you?" He asks with a smile. I look at him with a confused expression.

"Whenever Turner is here I can never come close to you because your always with him." He explains.

"Yeah, I get that, but why do you want to sit near me?" I asked.

"Because I want to get to know you," he says looking down, "You seem pretty cool." I can't believe this.

"You want to get to know me?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, your cute," he blushes a little, "You wanna maybe hang out Friday?" Ok, these butterfly's are now on a rollercoaster. Did Brody just ask me out?

"Umm, yeah I would like to hang out with you." I say. I mentally slap myself.

That sounded way to needy Ryder.

I scold myself. Brody looks at me a smiles a goofy smile.

"Awesome!" The bell rings and we both stand up.

"So can I meet you at Rudy's Arcade? Maybe 5?" He suggests.

"Yeah, sounds good." I smile. We both walk out of class.

When I get to my locker I open it and take a deep breath. I can't believe that just happened. Brody just asked me out.

What if its a joke?

Maybe he's playing with me?

Why would someone like him ask me out?

Stop it! Don't over think just let it happen.

I sigh and grab my bag. Time to go home. I walk out to my car and I stop abruptly. I just realized something and it hits me like a brick wall.

Today's Thursday. I'm gonna hang out with Brody tomorrow!