"...i know you will."

Thuds were heard in the room, Clementine sitting with her knees to her chest looking at the floor with a distant look. AJ kicked the wall in anger.

"AJ, stop! You're gonna hurt your toe or something." She scolded, the little boy ignored her and kept kicking. "Come here, sit down."

"No!" The little boy kept kicking before turning to her in anger. "I-it didn't work! I did what you said and they didn't even care! (Y/n) didn't even look at me!"

He kept ranting, his emotions taking the best of him. "I know that I was bad, but-but they don't wanna let me fix it."

"AJ, breathe. Remember what we do when we're mad?" She asked, wanting to calm him down the best she could. "C'mon. You don't wanna be loud, do you? What do we do when we're mad?" She asked again.

AJ balled his fist in anger, his shoulders shaking. "We stop, and think, and, um." He started, closing his eyes to get his thoughts together and trying to calm down but growled when it didn't work. "I'm still really, really mad. I know I'm not supposed to get mad. Or sad. Because, then I do dumb things."

"I understand. I'm angry, too. Shit, this all sucks."

"Swear!"

"Do as I say.."

"Not as I do." AJ finished, the girl nodded and both stayed silent. Clementine spoke again. "We stop, we think, and we.."

"Breath." They both said, AJ nodded and took a couple deep breaths to calm himself down. "Feel better?" AJ glared and he's lips turned into a snarl. "You're still mad, huh?"

"And, uh, I think I'm sad, too." The boy sadly said, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips frowned. He walked over to Clem and sat next to her, she wrapped her arm around the little boy and pulled him close. "I did what you told me to."

"I know. You're a good listener." She praised AJ, he lifted his head and looked up at her. "I wanted them to all feel better. It didn't work. Why'd you tell me to do that if it didn't work?" He asked the older girl.

"We don't know that it didn't work. They might have voted for us to stay."

"I don't know. They seem pretty mad. (Y/n) would've told them we could...why did she say that? Does she not like us anymore?" He questioned, sad that another friend he liked in a short amount of time doesn't like him.

Clementine sighed and looked at the boy. "She had to do what's right. And she has to do it to keep everyone safe, even if it's something she doesn't like." She said this more towards herself then AJ. She wants to trust in her—she does trust her. A lot. And she knew she would do the same if the roles were reversed.

"And Violet was on our side. Maybe she'll persuade the others."

"Yeah, maybe. I don't wanna go." Clem frowned at this and sighed once more.

"I know you don't.."

"I like knowing where we are all the time. The bed, the food. I like the other kids. Not all of them, but Tenn, and Louis, and Violet. Oh and (Y/n), too."

A knock and click of the door opening cut them off the conversation. Violet and Louis walked inside, Louis stepped aside with his arms crossed and (Y/n) walked inside, followed next to her was Violet. The two girls looked sad.

"They took a vote. You have to leave.." (Y/n) announced. Clementine frowned at this and tensed up.

"Don't we get to vote? I vote that we stay." (Y/n)'s lips trembled at the sound of AJ's voice. "That's not how it works." Louis said.

"Maybe it should be."

"You don't have to like it."

"Good, cause I don't."