"Clementine, i'm %*^#&, not useless."

"Yes ma'am." The red haired girl moved over to open the door, Lilly walking in still pointing the gun at Clem. "Normally, the trouble you caused, I'd shoot you and toss you overboard." The woman started, getting closer to the girl.

"But I'm genuinely impressed. First you and our doll organized these idiot kids into a fighting force, and kill two of my most experienced soldiers. Then you sneak onto my boat under the cover of a herd?" The woman lists. Clementine glared at the mention of (Y/n) as theirs. She hated that.

"I bring a prize like you and your little girlfriend back to the Delta, it might make this whole clusterfuck of a mission worth it. Someone like you, so young, with so much potential..."

"You should never have attacked us, Lilly. Your 'mission' was a bad idea from the start, and you failed." Clem hissed back. Lilly glared and hummed softly.

"And you're still mouthing off, despite being in a cell. That'll change. You know, my father, Larry, was a military man, and when I was a kid, he had all kinds of rules." Lilly started, walking further in the room and Minnie following her crossbow aimed at Clem as she was forced to listen.

"The thing that bugged him most was waste. If I even left a light on after leaving a room, he'd flip. No matter how many times he ranted about the cost of electricity, I could never remember to hit that switch." The woman ranted on, now sitting on the bed.

"So?"

"So one day he let our power get cut." She glanced at Louis. "He liked 'illustration.' To show that actions have consequences. No more tv. No more hair dryers. No more ice cream sandwiches. Just a miserable family sitting in the dark."

"Well, I guess asshole runs in the family. Is that the consequence? That you're an asshole?" Clem shot back, crossing her arms

"My father had his faults, but he showed me the effectiveness of teaching by example."

"Is that what this is? A lesson?" Clem asked in annoyance. Walking closer, Minnie quickly reminds her that there's a crossbow pointed at her. The woman dismissed her and let Clem walk in front of her.

"I wanna tell you a story. Let's call it the parable of the twins. Two girls were taken from their home, and brought to a new place to live. They had to leave their friends and family behind. And that was hard at first." As she tells this story, Clem glances at Minnie who seemed to know the story and frowned.

"They shed a lot of tears. But the new place was a good place. The people there grew corn and raised pigs, and the twins ate well for the first time in years. They had hot showers. Clean clothes. Beds. They were given guns and trained to use them. The people there were kind to these girls." Lilly continued, Clem keeping her eyes on Minnie.

"All that was asked in return was that they help defend the group. You see, this place had a lot of enemies, killers and thieves, who wanted what they had. They needed help fighting, or they'd lose everything they'd built. Their crops, their power, even their lives."

"They threatened to cut out their tongues?" Clem argued back, looking back at Louis.

"They only do that to the ones who can't keep their mouth shut. As well as other methods to keep a...fighting spirit at bay." Lilly hinted, Clem quickly catching on and glaring.

"Don't you fucking dare touch her."

"We'll see. One of the girls saw that this was a place worth fighting for, and her tears dried." Clem softly looked at Minnie, who was just staring back, watching as with every word her face gets sadder. "But the other twin...she could never forget her old home. She rejected every gift, every opportunity. Stirred up trouble every chance she got. She convinced her sister to help her steal a raft and leave on the river. Of course they didn't get far." Lilly continued.