Ep-4: "what i tell you? Not useless."

—previously on The Walking Dead: Hats And Swords—

"Since I can remember, Clem's always been there with me." AJ's voice was heard. An image of baby AJ and child Clementine in the snow was shown.

"She taught me to be careful. To be quiet. To be strong." It cuts to the image when they found the abandoned train station. AJ is now older as well as Clementine.

"To always aim for the head." Fades in to AJ holding his gun in front of the school. It fades again, to Marlon having a gunshot to his head and (Y/n) and Clem looking terrified. "To atone when I do something bad."

"To show mercy, sometimes." It cuts to Able tied up in the chair. " To be understanding of others. I learned that from (Y/n)." (Y/n) crosses her arms listening to the group argue.

"I always listen to Clem, always, but...I've been thinking more." Fades into the forest, AJ walking a little ahead of Clem. "I don't know if she's right every time." AJ looked up at James, who was holding his mask.

"She told me to leave her if she got bit." Cuts to Clem kneeling in front of AJ in their room at the school. "That doesn't feel right." Cuts to when they were saving their friends, AJ covered in walker guts.

"We're doing a lot of bad things." Fades to the image of the boat. "To save our friends."

Lilly looking into the cell was shown. "To protect our home." It fades to black. "And when Clem told me to shoot Lilly..."

A shot was heard, and Lilly's body fades in, with a bullet wound in her head. "I got mad. So mad. I don't...I don't know what I feel anymore."

"I don't know if Clem knows either." Cuts to (Y/n), Clem and AJ hugging. "I remember all the rules. The first one..."

"Is never go alone."

...

Clementine slowly wakes up to the smell of smoke in the air. She looked around and saw Lilly slowly moving to the side the boat was tilting. She looks away and gets up.

The way the boat was tilting and her recovering from waking up on top of that an explosion went off, she stumbles but catches herself on the railing, but her hat falls from her head. She reached out for it but it was no use.

"Clem!"

The girl turns to the voice and sees AJ hanging from some debri, holding on. "Hang on! I'm coming!"

Clem looks around in a panic. She can't see anyone else. Until a familiar girl makes it to her view. (Y/n) shakes her head and slowly gets up from the other side of a lifeboat.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n), can you hear me?!" (Y/n) nodded her head, hanging onto the railing. Clementine swiftly runs and makes it in the boat. Just as another explosion sets off. She turned up to AJ and then to (Y/n). "AJ, you have to trust me. On a count of three, let go and I'll catch you."

"Promise?"

"Promise. One. Two. Three!" AJ lets go and Clem quickly catches and pulls him in the boat. "Now what?" Asked the boy.

"We need to find a way down. This ship isn't gonna stay up float much longer. (Y/n), we need to get out of here, okay? Are you with me?" She asked in worry, another explosion went off.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm here. If we're at the side we came from there should be a ledge where we can jump and get down safely." (Y/n) said, remembering the lay out. AJ looks around and spots the ledge she was talking about.

"There! We can climb down from there."

Clem nodded, "we have to get there first, (Y/n) you're closer, see if you can get there."