Partners (Shang-Chi X Reader)

A/N: This started off as something and then spiralled into a heaping ball of flames. Thanks for the idea for this one, NovaValentine123 it was fun to write and I'm sure I wound up straying very far from the original idea! If you guys have any ideas you want to see with Shang-Chi, comment them!!

****

It had been a simple grocery run.

One damned grocery run.

The same one you do every Friday!

But of course something, had to happen.

You had been going about your day - getting home from work, taking a moment to unwind...

Your housemate was even home on time, a slightly wilted bouquet of unique looking flowers in his hands as he'd came in the door.

"Busy day?" You'd mused aloud, taking one quick look at his wrinkled white dress shirt and crooked collar.

"That's for sure," The reply had came as he stopped in front of you, a genuine smile on his lips, bundle of flowers outstretched towards you.

You had grinned back, equally as happy, accepting his gift with a hug.

"Now where did you find such unique looking flowers, Shaun?" You inquired, once more admiring the colours and patterns on the petals before returning your gaze to the man in front of you.

"I can't tell you," He'd chuckled, ushering both your figures into the small kitchen, rummaging around for a vase. "Or you'd end up just buying yourself your flowers."

Again, you'd just laughed along with him, beginning to prepare dinner for the pair of you as he'd hurried off to get cleaned up after a day.

Dinner was wonderful - so much so that as you sit in the dark, something over your head rendering your sight and smell rather useless - you can almost taste it again.

You were plain stupid to not have taken Shaun's offer when he asked to accompany you to the store, explaining that he'd rather be with you than sitting at home alone watching TV.

But, you'd gone out without him - on the same grocery run, on the same route, practically the same time...

And now, apparently, this is what you get for it.

See, you'd been walking home from the store - just a few blocks from your shared apartment - when that eerie feeling of someone watching your every move flooded through your senses, pausing your strides momentarily.

Of course, this was another mistake and almost instantly, you found yourself tackled to the ground, a bag tossed over your head and a gag tied around your lips, before being roughly tossed into what you'd assumed at the time to be some sort of van.

But, now that you think about it and are stopped somewhere, the vehicle silent, the feeling of a breeze as well as a cold seeping into your skin makes you believe that maybe you'd been crudely tossed into that back of a pickup truck.

Regardless, you've been kidnapped - abducted.

For reasons that are far beyond your understanding.

Heck, you don't even have the slightest idea of who might've picked you up off the street and taken you here - wherever here is.