Chapter 2

Lauren was tangled in the sheets when Camila sneaked out of her bed, holding her breath as she silently gathered her clothes scattered around the room.

She pulled on her skirt and buttoned her blouse, looking in the mirror to check how she looked. Her hair was a mess and her lips were still swollen from Lauren's kisses.

She glanced at the bed where the girl slept, her face buried in her pillow and her naked body partially covered by the silver sheets.

Camila chased away the temptation to crawl back into the warm bed next to her and instead thought about settling down to try to look a little less like one of her who had just woken up after a very eventful night.

When she realized it was going to be impossible, she picked up her shoes and left the room quietly. Luckily she had woken up early enough not to meet anyone in the common room.

The huge green and silver décor of the dungeon made her awe, so much so that she felt her red and gold clothes grow heavier on her.

She was in the enemy's house and, under normal circumstances, her curiosity would have led her to rummage around, but this time her haste to leave so as not to be seen prevailed.

She walked through the common room; the crackling of the fire and her bare feet stamping the cold floor were the only sounds in the room.

She had almost reached the exit when someone cleared her throat with a cough that made her freeze on the spot.

Camila squeezed frightened at the shoes she was holding in her hands, forcing herself to slowly turn around.

Normani Kordei sat in an armchair by the fire; she wore Quidditch gear and wore an impressive grin similar to Lauren's.

"Forget something?" She asked her, with an amused expression.

Camila's mouth opened and she closed in amazement.

"I ... um ... I don't ..."

Normani raised her arm, letting Camila's Gryffindor tie dangle.

A shade of deep red passed from the neck to the cheeks of the youngest; her gaze fell on her crumpled tie as she climbed into the chair to steal it from the Slytherin's hands.

"Thanks to her," she murmured embarrassed, blushing even more at the memory of Lauren undoing it from her neck on their exciting ride to the dorms.

Her eyes quickly ran across the room, as if to make sure they hadn't left any other compromising traces of her presence there, and finally she added: "... I swear it's not what it seems." And she looked down at the floor.

"So that pacifier did not make you my best friend?" Gryffindor covered her neck with her hand and Normani smiled.

"Don't worry." She said. "it will be our little secret ..."

Camila wasn't sure she could trust the Slytherin's word.

"You better go now." The latter continued, the typical smile of someone who knows a lot.

"In about fifteen minutes this place will be filled with Quidditch players. Lauren is supposed to be one of them but based on your current appearance ... I think she's going to be out of the picture for a while." Camila waited no more: she sprinted out of the Slytherin Common Room and ran back to the Gryffindor Tower.

-

Thank God, Dinah didn't suspect a thing that day, too busy preparing for the Quidditch game against the Slytherins to notice that her friend was weirder than usual. It was Saturday and unfortunately she didn't have any lessons that would keep her from her thoughts.