Chapter 16

It had been a month since they broke up and Lauren still hadn't been able to get Camila out of her mind. 

The Gryffindor was giving her space as she had asked, but that only made her absence more heartbreaking.

It wasn't easy to go back to being the person she was before she started this whole thing; Lauren who never took less than perfection in a task, who won every duel and who made her team win at every Quidditch match.

It wasn't easy to go back to being the girl who didn't care about what other people thought.

There were many rumors going around the castle about her and Camila. All the students kept talking about them and Lauren could no longer handle that whole situation.  Everything at Hogwarts reminded her of Camila.

She had tried to distract herself with Quidditch and duels, but at the end of the day her heart was still cracking with those stupid chocolate eyes that stared at her across the Great Hall.

That day Lauren was in the bookstore with Celine, Ariana, a companion of the Slytherins and Justin, a friend of hers Hufflepuff. They were studying volumes of the history of magic and were immersed in total silence, for which Lauren was more than grateful.

Celine had been very close to her lately, offering her everything she needed, peace and quiet. 

Normani and Zayn had started dating and as happy as Lauren was for them, that situation was pretty crap. They were so in love that their effusions constantly reminded her how much she actually missed Camila.

The Slytherin common room was teeming with people who did not allow her to find a quiet place to reflect.

Therefore Celine's company was more than welcome.  Celine didn't ask her about Camila and didn't ask her worried questions about her cold and distant attitude about her. She was just happy to be conversing about everyday things and it distracted her from her thoughts.

She now remembered why she had always preferred Ravenclaws. She had hoped to be drawn there ... maybe, if so, she would still be with her now.

"Ok, that's enough" Celine sighed, closing the big book she had in her hands and bringing Lauren back to reality

"I think my brain has given enough for today"

Justin nodded, yawning and closing the book in turn, "Yes, I've had enough too" he said stretching his arms over his head.

"If I read even one more line about the War of the Giants, I swear I'll throw myself off the Clock Tower." Celine wrinkled her nose.

"History of Magic?"

"Already"

Ariana laughed, "Why did you choose the War of the Giants?" she smiled.

"It's the most boring topic ever..."

"I thought it was easier" Justin muttered.

"Giants aren't that complex."

"Oh, that's why it's so hard to research them," Celine admitted, superiorly.

"Anyway, there are some pretty funny interviews, you should take a look."

"Your idea of ​​fun is very far from mine," muttered the Hufflepuff.

"No, it's really interesting" the girl insisted "But if you're going to read decent books, there is one written by a witch in Ukraine who lived with the giants for two years. She thought she could get more information about the their story."

Ariana's eyes widened, suddenly interested, "And did it work?"

"Yes, it was quite efficient" Celine nodded.