Chapter 14

Camila had stayed with Lauren all night, but left immediately the next morning to help her friends organize that much-talked-about event in Hogsmeade. Lauren hadn't been able to hide that note of disappointment that she had attacked her as soon as she opened her eyes and she found herself completely alone in that tangle of sheets as cold as loneliness.

Honestly, she had hoped to spend the whole day with her, also considering what had happened the day before her, but she hadn't taken it too much, after all they already had an appointment scheduled for that evening.

But now, that she'd been on top of her at the Astronomy Tower for about twenty minutes and Camila hadn't shown up yet, she wished she'd taken it more, just to not feel so stupid and naive now.

She was puzzled by the fact that the nice and kind girl from the previous night, she was somehow the same that she missed showing up on their date. Lauren wanted to believe there was a good reason behind all this, but the idea that Camila had dumped her again kept running through her mind.

Either way, she waited patiently for another forty minutes, after which she defeatedly grabbed the blanket and picnic basket she had carefully prepared for their exit and she headed for the dungeons.

Unfortunately luck didn't seem to be on her side that day, because as soon as she stepped out of the tower, she found herself in front of Peeves, the Poltergeist.

"Awww, our Lauren is heartbroken!"  she cackled the little devil following her down the corridor "A nice picnic basket and nobody to share it with ..."

"Go away, Peeves," the Slytherin dismissed him, dodging him with a leap.

"Did your pet run away?" I continue the adamant Poltergeist.  "Slimy Slytherins and dirty Gryffindors make disgusting pairs" he sighed "You should know better than me!"

With her free hand, Lauren grabbed her wand from her trouser pocket and without a second thought she threw Peeves straight into the wall.

The goblin let out a little cry of surprise, but as soon as he was back on his feet, he ran over to the girl. "Do you have anything good in that basket for poor Peeves?"

"No"

"Come on, Jauregui. After all, sweet, little Camz hasn't tasted anything" he grinned "That's what you call her, isn't it? I heard you. Sweetheart Lauren and her little Camz. Where is she anyway?"

Lauren ignored him, yanking the picnic basket from his hands.

"I wonder" he whispered to her, "if she's not dumping you completely this time ..."

"Take this fucking basket and leave me fucking alone!"  snapped the Slytherin, abandoning the booty and striding down the hall.

Peeves continued to insult her until he turned the corner; then he grabbed the basket and went back where he came from.

-

By the time Lauren reached the Slytherin dorms and walked into the common room, she was so out of her mind that she didn't even notice Normani and Zayn sitting by the fire, playing an upcoming game of chess.

"Hey," Normani called as soon as she saw her come in like a fury, and she gestured for Zayn to stop. "I thought you and Mila had a date tonight"

Lauren looked down and saw Zayn's horse kill one of Normani's pawns.

"Did you fight again?"  the boy asked her, shifting his attention from the game to her "It's not even curfew time"

"Hm" grunted the Slytherin "Arguing should have involved her presence."