Chapter 6

"You know, I think you would have done well to let Camila tell Dinah everything ..." Normani admitted as she adjusted her dress in the mirror.

"You should be free to go to the prom with your girlfriend!" Lauren sat cross-legged on the bed, with all the jewels scattered on the sheets to choose which ones to wear.

"I wanted this night to pass without problems, Camila needs to have some fun ..." she said shrugging her shoulders.

"I can hold out for one more day ..."

"Do you think you can hold out while Camila dances with a Gryffindor?!" Lauren shrugged with a grin on her lips.

"Well, at the end of the evening the only one who will go with her will be me ... and no other Gryffindors." Normani rolled her eyes.

"Ok, we'll see how you manage when you see them together, Miss "I'm 100% sure of myself."

When the girls were finally ready, they walked to the Common Room where their companions were waiting for them.

Zayn and James were talking to each other in expensive black tuxedos.

When Zayn saw them, he motioned for his friend to turn around and a whistle of approval came from his lips as his eyes fell on Lauren.

"There was no need to get in the way for me, Jauregui." Zayn teased.

Lauren rolled her eyes and gave the boy a broad smile as she joined him.

"Don't worry, it's not for you ..."

"So you break my heart!" Zayn said dramatically before smiling at her in turn and offering her his arm in a gallant way.

"Well, let's go to this lucky Gryffindor then ..."

-

"Remember, Dinah must not know anything about me and Camila." Lauren insisted as they approached the meeting point of the Slytherins.

"Yes, yes, I understand ... it must remain a secret and blah, blah, blah." snorted Zayn

"Anyway I don't think we will talk much together with the Gryffindors, don't worry."

"Please, instead try to force yourself and have a little conversation with them too!" Normani pleaded with them

"The evening would become less embarrassing this way ..." Zayn laughed

"You've organized a Gryffindor-Slytherin outing ... the evening will be awkward anyway."

As they approached the Great Hall, they stopped to look for the rest of their group in the crowd. James was the first to stop frowning.

"Ugh, you didn't tell me that Hansen's chaperone was the hitter of the Gryffindor team." Lauren followed his gaze to find the rest of the group waiting for them.

Her eyes immediately fell on Camila who was wearing a skin-tight fiery red dress and mask she had taken from Hogsmeade.

Maybe she wouldn't be able to hold out all evening. James continued to look at the boy

"I pushed him off his broom once ... he cried like a baby and they kicked me out for a month!"

"Yes, it was epic!" Zayn commented.

Lauren meanwhile was too busy watching Camila to pay attention to the conversation, so much so that she didn't even hear Normani's voice calling her.

"Be careful, you might smudge your dress." grinned the other Slytherin.

"Anyway ... Camila is gorgeous with that dress ..."
The girl nodded dazedly.

"And you were telling us to be careful with Hansen?" James laughed raising an eyebrow.