Chapter 31

By the time they reached the edge of the forest, the cloud cover had covered the sun, creating a gloomy, gloomy atmosphere that made the Forbidden Forest an even scarier place. No Hogwarts students were allowed to go there, even though Lauren and Camila had been there several times, secretly, to skip the useless Divination classes.

That place was inhabited by very dangerous magical creatures, but if you knew how to move and where to go, you could also find breathtaking landscapes and if you were lucky to admire very rare Unicorn specimens from afar.

"Look, Lolo!"  Camila had exclaimed one afternoon, letting out an excited little cry as she pointed with her finger at a white spot in the shadows.

Lauren had turned around following the direction of her gaze "What? Where?"  she asked confused, looking out over the forest.

"Over there! Look!"  the girl insisted, moving her chin with her hand to show her what she was seeing.

"I don't see n--" Lauren's eyes widened in surprise and jumped up, reaching out on tiptoe to get a better look. "Oh my God, Camz! But that's a Unicorn!"

Camila nodded enthusiastically and jumped on the spot.

"Wooow, I've never seen one live before! They are ... beautiful"

"They say that seeing a live Unicorn brings good luck," Camila explained, returning for a moment as a child and going into the forest to observe the creature more closely.

"Wait, Camz! This could be dangerous!"  she worried the Slytherin, grabbing her by her arm and pulling her back.  "Lolo, pleaseeeee! He won't hurt us ... come on let's go!"

Lauren rolled her eyes as she mentally criticized this Gryffindor's stubbornness, but eventually she followed her, holding her wand tightly in her hands, ready to pull it out of her pocket in case any sudden danger arose.

The two girls reached the foot of a majestic cherry tree and hid behind the trunk of the tree to peek at the creature. The Unicorn had stopped to graze the grass around it and a few moments later, while Lauren and Camila were still admiring him in raptures, her golden-haired puppy had emerged from a bush to keep him company.

"Aaawwww" Camila whispered to not scare the creatures and she pressed her hands to her cheeks excited "It's so adorable" she snorted dreamily.

Lauren turned to her and they stared at each other for a few moments. Then Camila kissed her softly on her cheek "You are my Unicorn" she whispered softly in her ear, making her shiver.  Lauren held her close, resting her chin on her head.

"A stupid Unicorn, who fell in love with an unpredictable Dragon" he grinned and Camila broke away from her embrace to look into her eyes and smile.

"Would I be the Dragon?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. Lauren shrugged "Mmh ... maybe" and started running out of the forest, before Camila could catch her.

"Wait, Lolo, you are too fast!"

"Come and get me, if you can!"

Camila ran with all the strength she had, but Lauren was too far away from her, so she grabbed her wand from her pocket. "Momentum stop!"  she screamed, pointing her wand at her.

Lauren suddenly froze, unable to move a muscle and Camila limped to her, resting her hands on her lap to catch her breath. She laughed at her when she saw her standing there in midair, that she couldn't move and Lauren squared her angrily out of the corner of her eye.