Chapter 22

Notice: these were originally supposed to be two chapters, but I wanted to give you a little gift as I always keep you waiting a long time from one update to the next.  Hope you like it.

After that near-kiss, things between them returned to that frustrating normalcy. The two continued to be friends, skilfully ignoring that huge elephant called "love".

Lauren deepened her relationship with Victoire and was sure she had made it through the 'we go out, but we're not together' phase;  which was a good thing.

Well, only if she ignored the fact that Lauren, whenever things turned out well with Victoire, she started thinking about Camila and she pulled back, scared and unsure about wanting to move so fast. 

Which initially worked as an excuse, but the more time passed, the less convincing the excuse became.

Victoire was an easygoing girl, however, and she tried to gloss over what Lauren meant to 'avoid intimate moments' every time.

This made Lauren feel even more guilty and she was sure that the time she spent with Camila only made it worse.

Surprisingly, Dinah proved useful for once, as Lauren's desire to kiss Camila disappeared when she was also in her room during Patronus classes. And the more the two got involved in bickering, the more Lauren forgot about her.

It was a Friday afternoon and three o'clock were training in an empty classroom when Lauren had her worst relapse.

"I can't" she gave up after trying five times to create a Patronus with no success and she raised her arms to the sky in defeat.

"I'll never make it."

"You'll do it" encouraged Camila "You're getting better, come on"

"I barely managed to keep him alive for ten seconds, aside from the fact that she didn't even take shape."

The Slytherin slumped into a chair and ran a hand through her hair, "I guess I've never been so denied in anything in my entire life."

"I wouldn't say it," Dinah added, leaning against the wall in boredom as the wand tried to balance her index finger. lYou are not very good even in modesty"

"Shut up, Hansen"

"Kiss my ass, Jauregui," snapped Dinah.  "Can I try it?"  she asked then turned to Camila, "It is evident that not even today she will succeed."

"As if you could do better," the girl babbled.

Dinah coughed indignantly, "Hey, my Patronus was taking shape earlier. You can barely make it appear."

"Unless your Patronus looks like a pancake, then I'm pretty sure he wasn't taking any shape."

"You know that Patronus are created from positive thoughts" Dinah retorted, "Maybe you're too full of that Slytherin poison to be able to create one."

"I'll show you the poison-"

Lauren jumped on top of her from the chair and walked over to Dinah, ready to jump around her neck.

Luckily Camila grabbed her by the hood and put her back in line.

"Hey," she exclaimed.  The Slytherin tried to free herself from her grip, but she finally gave up.

"Do you remember our pact?"  snorted the girl, holding her gaze, "If you two keep fighting like four-year-old girls, I swear to God I won't help any of you anymore."

Dinah and Lauren glared at each other and then muttered something incomprehensible that stood for 'yes, boss'.

"Promise?"  Camila insisted, yanking Lauren's hood again.