Chapter 17

"So what happens now?"  Camila asked nervously, looking up at Lauren who was lying next to her.

Lauren sighed and jumped out of bed, as if having the girl so close could almost suffocate her. She went to the closet and began to change with her back to her.

"Now take my invisibility cloak and leave, before anyone can notice your presence"

"Ah, so let's put it this way?"  laughed the Gryffindor, "Okay, she will mean that she will pretend not to feel too offended"

"Why should you feel offended?" Lauren asked in a cold tone. "I told you there is nothing between us."

Those words slightly hurt Camila, who shook her head in bewilderment and got up in turn from the bed

"Oh, I don't know" she murmured grabbing her clothes.

"I imagined that sleeping next to the girl you used to love could mean something."

Lauren cast a fleeting glance at her youngest as she was pulling on her blouse, but then she quickly brought her attention back to her closet and grabbed a sweatshirt.

"You have this nasty habit of always expecting too much from me," she admitted before turning around and jumped when she found Camila just inches from her face. 

Gryffindor stood on her toes and rubbed her chin gently with her index finger, removing some of the lipstick that had stuck to her from the night before her.

"So far you have never disappointed me," she then remarked in a whisper.

Lauren went through a moment of weakness, it could be read in her eyes, but then she cleared her throat, stepped back slightly and handed her her cloak.

"Try not to stumble on your own steps" she ordered her annoyed, almost wanting to hurt her on purpose. And she succeeded, because Lauren had always liked her awkwardness so much.

Camila put on the cloak and followed Lauren into the Common Room, where some Slytherins were sitting around the fire.

"Jauregui!"  one of them called her, making her jump and end up almost on top of the smallest.

"Where are you going at this hour?"

"I'm hungry like a wolf" replied the Slytherin, visibly uncomfortable.

"I'll go see if I can find anything in the kitchen."

James was sitting between them and grinned before adding, "I saw you last night with Ariana, you seemed pretty close" he grinned.

"Isn't that what you have so much appetite for?"

Lauren glared at him and without deigning an answer, she walked out of the dorms with Camila in tow, biting her tongue to refrain from commenting.

Gryffindor finally took off her cloak, handed it back to her older girl, and was surprised when she continued to accompany her down the road instead of greeting her there.

"You don't need to accompany me," she admitted, not hiding her annoyance.

Lauren said nothing and kept walking.

"You know this doesn't help with the" there's nothing between us "story?"  the girl continued wickedly.

But once again Lauren remained silent; her gaze, however, and her pursed lips, did not lie about the fact that Camila had hit her target.

The Gryffindor shook her head in disbelief, "Great, now we play the game of silence" laughed hysterically.

"Really mature."