Chapter 4

Camila spent Christmas in London with her family before joining Dinah for the rest of the holidays.

Since she had grown up among Muggles, spending time with Dinah's family was always exciting for her.

Lauren wrote to them frequently while they were away and called each other most days.

In one of these the Slytherin asked her why people insisted on using those stupid emojis in her messages and so Camila spent the next two hours on her phone trying to explain their usefulness.

From that moment she began to use them inappropriately in every single message, making her head spin by dint of kittens and monkeys covering her eyes.

For New Year's the Hansen family had been invited to a benefit party and it didn't take long before Dinah asked her and Ally to accompany her.

Convincing them wasn't that hard as the place would be filled with wizards and delicious food. A charity party meant a new evening dress and then an afternoon of wild shopping.

Considering Camila's previous New Years spent on the couch watching entire seasons of Friends drowning her sadness in ice cream, this New Year's Eve prospect was far better.

She, Ally and Dinah were looking for the perfect dress for the evening when a beautiful emerald green dress, certainly too expensive, that impressively reminded her of Lauren's green eyes, caught the attention of the Gryffindor.

After just 10 minutes, she found herself with her dress in one hand and her wallet in the other headed for the checkout where a listless saleswoman was beating garments on garments absent-mindedly while she chewed blue gum.

As soon as her friend saw the color of her dress, she eyed her skeptically, pointing out that she was wearing a little too much green lately. There was a note of suspicion in her voice, but she just nodded, glancing at Ally to make her want to change the subject.

It was hours until midnight and Camila was already looking forward to toasting the new year with her friends; her cell phone in her hand, ready to call her girlfriend as soon as it was time.

She was then surprised when she saw the latter across the hall with Normani, who was studying the dance floor undecided.

Dinah noticed the two girls too and grunted in annoyance. Camila was too busy admiring that gorgeous red dress that flattered the Slytherin's curves to perfection to pay attention to her friend and when Lauren turned to them, her heart skipped a beat.

The older girl jumped when she saw her and made a sign to Normani who in her turn turned in that direction.

"She seems happy to see you." Dinah murmured next to her

"And since when has Lauren been wearing red?" Ally cleared her throat loudly

"Be kind ... okay DJ?" She pleaded, squeezing her arm slightly

"We're at a party ... don't screw it up." Dinah grabbed a glass of wine that a passing waiter was carrying hovering over a tray and glared at Lauren and Normani as they approached.

"No promises ..."

When the two girls reached them, Camila tried to compose herself and hide her evident desire to jump on Lauren.

"Hey, Camz." greeted the girl with a look anything but innocent.

"Ally, Hansen." she nodded towards the other two before returning to stare at Camila.

"Jauregui, Kordei." gritted-toothed borborygmi Dinah in response.

Normani greeted them all with a huge smile on her face and Camila muttered a soft "hello" as she desperately tried to take her gaze away from her older girl.