Chapter 12

That Friday, Lauren sat in the Quidditch dressing room, exhausted and worn out from hard training. Ever since her shoulder had healed, she was doing everything to get back to playing as soon as possible and thus prepare for the biggest game of the year.

She had always been famous for her speed on the pitch and the ability to tackle opponents with extreme ease: if you had seen her now, however, she would not have seemed the same person at all.

Sure, even in these conditions she was far from playing terribly, but she wasn't even that close to her level before her.  In addition, the game against the Ravenclaws was upon us and Lauren felt her chance to be noticed by the scouts farther and farther away.

The week hadn't gone all that well: having to share Camila with Dinah Jane hadn't proved easy at all. She had tried in every possible way not to play the part of the jealous girlfriend, but now that she had gotten used to having her for herself 24/7, she was struggling to find time to go out with her.

It was as if they had gone back to the days when they had to sneak out;  always in a hurry, in order to match the girl's schedule.

With the excitement of finally getting her best friend back, Camila had devoted all her time to fellow Gryffindors, leaving Lauren with only a few hours scattered here and there. Every day she ate breakfast, lunch and dinner with her family and attended lessons with them;  Lauren therefore had those two-three-hour holes in the afternoon.

Sometimes even at that time Dinah would call her to invite her somewhere, so Camila found herself at the Slytherin only late at night, when they were both too tired to do or say anything.

If the Slytherin hadn't scheduled a date with her for that evening then, Camila probably wouldn't even show up.

"You will see, everything will return to normal." Normani reassured her, squeezing her shoulder gently

"What we really need, is that you return to the field as soon as possible, understood?"

"It doesn't seem to be doing so well." the girl muttered.

"Lauren, it will be fine!" the friend encouraged her with a firmer voice

"The scouts will surely notice you."

"They will notice me for my inefficiency, maybe ..."

"Do not do that;  it is only your first week of training since after the accident .... you will recover great!" Lauren let out a big sigh, shaking her head

"I hope so ..." she said with little conviction

"I'm sorry." she added looking at her friend

"It's all my fault;  I should have been more careful instead of fighting with Hansen."

"It doesn't matter now." Normani reassured her

"You have an appointment with Camila tonight, right?" The older one nodded

"Fantastic." the Slytherin smiled softly

"So have fun and don't stress yourself with this story of the match;  will make everything even more difficult."

Lauren thought about the advice before leaving the dressing room, where she found her girlfriend waiting for her.  A huge smile rose from one corner of her mouth to the other, but when she saw the serious look of the latter, she was no longer sure she was so happy to see her.

"Hey." her little girl said in a low voice, kissing her quickly to greet her

"How was training?"

"It was quite tiring." Lauren murmured, allowing her to take her broom as they started down the corridors