Chapter 3

"If she's your best friend, then she'll understand."

"I'm not sure..."

"Well, then you'll have to make a choice" she said.

"Lauren or Dinah?"

-

Camila tried in the following weeks to come to a conclusion, but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't choose between the two.

Dinah had been a part of her life for years and they had been everywhere together; ever since she had defended her from a group of third-year Slytherins they had been inseparable.

She had always been available to her ... but then why if they were really friends, did the other want to ruin everything for a girl?

Camila tried to imagine a life without her and shivered at the very thought of her.

On the other side of her was Lauren, making her feel more alive than ever; it ignited new sensations in her that she had never experienced before: when she was with her she could imagine a future.

Now that she had heard what it was like to be with the Slytherin, she had no intention of letting her go.

Here, after all this time she hadn't even come close to a conclusion. As if that weren't enough, she kept meeting them everywhere and couldn't avoid them.

It had started snowing, so the students mostly stayed in their Common Rooms, where she could easily meet Dinah.

But if she went to the library, or to the Great Hall, she risked seeing those intimidating green eyes. So she decided to not care and go out of the castle, despite the cold, to play with the snow.

She was in the midst of her handiwork.

"A beautiful snowman." When she heard footsteps sinking into the fresh snow a few feet away from her.

Her stomach lurched when out of the corner of her eye she caught a glimpse of black hair that was very familiar to her.

"Hey, stranger!" Greeted the older girl, eyes devoid of the usual light.

Camila smiled nervously, getting up from the ground and sweeping the snow off her clothes.

"Hello."

An awkward silence fell between them as Gryffindor bit her lip and Lauren frowned thoughtfully at her.

"What do you want?"!Camila asked her.

"Do you mind if I join you?" Gryffindor's eyes widened.

"Would you like to make a snowman?!" Lauren shrugged.

"I just want to spend time with you ..." A slight smile appeared on the lips of the youngest.

"Ok." she nodded.

"Sure."

"Fantastic!" The other cheered happily.

"What do you want me to do?"

-

The two played in the snow for a while and Camila was surprised at how quickly their conversation returned to normal.

Lauren laughed out loud when she saw the ridiculous look the snowman had assumed.

"Shut up." Camila muttered, blushing.

"I think it turned out well ..."

"Camz, that thing looks like he just saw two leprechauns fucking!" Lauren laughed, placing two sticks on the puppet's face to create a ridiculous mustache, laughing pleased with her own gimmick.