2.3

CONTINUED FLASHBACK

"JJ?"

"Hm?" He mused still asleep. When he had arrived home, neither Hadiyeh nor JJ were home, a second later Talia had knocked on the door and handed Jannah to him. 

"She's been a sweetheart," Talia chuckled handing the bags over.

"Yeah, nice, thanks," JJ smiled tiredly taking Jannah ad slinging the baby bag over his shoulder. 

"I've changed her, fed her and she's burped and if you want any help, just yell out," She chuckles turning on the ball of her foot turning around to go into her apartment. Neither households usually wear shoes on this floor because they are constantly in and out of each others house. 

"Talia?" JJ stopped her just as she was about to go into her house.

"Yeah?"

"Where's Hads?" 

"At Harry's, she took food and stuff to his after she heard about her brother passing," Talia replied, "Although she should be back by now, she left to go in the morning,"

"Thanks," JJ bid her goodbye. 

He turned to shut the door confused as to why Hadiyeh had been with Harry but hadn't told him. He shrugged and instead pressed a kiss to his daughter's forehead admiring her. She was beautiful and was only becoming prettier. Her long eyelashes, pouty lips, button nose and curly hair was gorgeous. 

Just as JJ had put the infant to bed, her eyes shot open and she began babbling. 

JJ rolled his eyes, he was tired, his session at the studio today was draining, he had hoped to put Jannah to bed to catch a few minutes sleep before Hadiyeh arrived, yet none the less he picked up the well-rested child and took her into his arms again and began cradling her, hoping for her to fall asleep again.

"Yeah, bubba?" JJ smiled as she began grinning after hearing her blubber happily. 

"Ba-ba."

"Baba?"

The child giggled again. 

"Ba-ba."

"Baba!" JJ cheered, to no one but himself "Baba! She said baba!"

JJ and Jannah kept each other company until they both fell asleep. When Hadiyeh arrived she had received a text from Talia stating that she had handed Jannah over to JJ, so she was careful to open the door quietly and tiptoe around the house. 

She saw JJ and Jannah lying in bed, both sleeping soundly next to each other, Jannah lying comfortably on his chest, his arm lying over her making sure for her not to fall. Hadiyeh cooed quietly to herself and kissed their temples gently throwing a blanket over them. 

"I love you." She whispered. 

She had made herself coffee and sat down in front of the TV turning it on. She wasn't interested in watching anything in particular but had wanted some ambience knowing that if she was to sit in silence she would begin to overthink about what Harry had said. And that was by far the last thing she needed to think about. 

A few minutes later JJ had come into the living room rubbing the tired out of his eyes. 

"Hey baby," She cooed unfolding her arms allowing him to cuddle into her arms. 

"Hi," He whispered, he was truly tired of hearing his voice, having heard it play on full blast for hours and hours during the past few weeks, "Where were you?"

"With Harry, his brother passed away, so I went to visit him," She replied, "Went to the graveyard and that, he wasn't fit to drive."

"Hm," He hummed acknowledging her words as his fingers traced over the faint patterns of white henna that were still on her hands and arms. 

"He told me he likes me," Hadiyeh suddenly bursts out. She had contemplated about telling JJ whether or not she should tell him, she knew that telling him would come with a storm but she also knew that keeping it from him would suffocate her conscious.

"What?" JJ was quick to get up, now glaring intently at her, not believing what she had just said. 

"I know," She put her head into her hands, she was truly confused. 

"Is this a prank or some shit?!" He was quick to get defensive and angry. 

"No, JJ, for once can you just fucking sit down and listen to me?" She sighed running her hand through her mane of hair, frustrated. 

"What? so you can talk me into believing that you wouldn't want to date him if you could?"

"No,"  She sighed, "I wouldn't date him, even if I wasn't married to you I wouldn't date him," 

"Then what?" He snapped

"You know what your problem is, you're so fucking insecure about yourself that anytime you see me with another person you automatically think that I'm going to leave you for them, yet, time and time again I have fucking proved to you that isn't the case," She rolled her eyes.

"Whatever," He kissed his teeth, he didn't want to agree with her knowing damn well that she was correct. 

"Listen to me, I don't like him and he probably said something when he was drunk, he had drunk two bottles of champagne, he probably won't remember this tomorrow." 

"So now what do you want me to do, sit here and listen to you telling me about his love confession?"

"Would you rather me not tell you?" She snapped, she was tired of always having to talk to a teenage boy, when would he grow up? When would he fucking understand and realise that not everything has to be about his ego and his pride? Ugh, he made her sick sometimes. 

"I'm going to catch some air," He got up off the couch and picked up his phone and headphones, he needed to run. Running would clear his mind. Help him make sense of the situation, it would also help him to figure out what he was feeling. 

She didn't say anything and turned to the TV that was still playing on low volume. Her attention was far from the screen in front of her, yet it was the only thing she could focus on right now. 

Written: 16/09/2021

Published: 17/09/2021

(A/N: So basically I have like 30sec to upload this, I'm so sorry, I haven't been able to be as active but exams are killing me)