4.2

A WEEK LATER:

It was Jannah's birthday. Hadiyeh and JJ decided that in a few weeks they'll go check if she's pregnant but until then they'll pretend that nothing had happened and just go on living as normal. Worrying about something that hadn't even happened yet was pointless to them, so instead they busied themselves by planning Jannah's birthday, this would be the first celebration they would host in their new house. Even the boys hadn't yet seen JJ and Hadiyeh's new mansion.

"Freya! Josh!" Hadiyeh greeted the two with warm hugs.

"Nice house!" Josh was the first to compliment Hadiyeh.

"Yeah, real nice," Freya grinned.

"Where's JJ?"

"Trying to get the little devil dressed." She chuckled.

"JJ! Freya and Josh are here!"

"Yeah, coming!" JJ hollered turning up, in a month he would be on tour with his team, so he truly wanted to treasure the moments he spent with his wife and daughter.

A few hours later the house was full of people, each coming over to celebrate the birthday of Jannah. The child was more than thrilled, delighted by the love she was receiving from people she barely knew. Her eyes lighting up with joy as soon as anyone gave her a kiss or poked her nose, laughing and giggling. Her eyes were wide with curiosity as she looked at these people not believing that they were here to celebrate her birthday.

"Hazza!" The child clapped her hands whilst she sat on her father's lap as Harry made funny faces at her from the other side of the room. JJ was in an invested conversation with Vik and Josh about the new sidemen clothing shoot. Two Tones. Hadiyeh hadn't even bothered paying attention to their pitch as she and the girls were sat in the kitchen, Freya wanted to propose to Josh when they went to Paris for Valentine's day this year. 

"So I got us these." She said pulling up a picture of the two matching rings.

"They look beautiful!" The girls all smiled. After Hadiyeh and JJ had decided to get married and adopt Jannah the boys had all watched from a distance and seeing how happily JJ and Hads' relationship was going, they had all wanted to settle down now.

"Well, I have news too, Vik and I are trying for a child!" 

As the girls all cheered at the news, Hadiyeh felt her chest tighten, her heart sinking to the pit of her stomach. Suddenly she didn't feel good, the cheese balls and snacks churning in her belly, she needed to leave the room. 

"I'm going to catch some air." Hadiyeh choked out, picking up her phone and rushing out of the room and into the garden through the french windows. 

"I'll go after her," Talia said, going after her friend, she had seen Hadiyeh change shades, her face had drained from blood, the usually rosy checked Hadiyeh had turned a horrible shade of green.

"What's up?" 

"I could be pregnant." Hadiyeh breathes out. After taking a few deep breathes in London's cold crisp air she had managed to gather her thoughts and catch her breath.

"Well that's great-"

"If I get another person telling me that's great I might break their neck, no it's not great, I don't want to be a fat bloated woman waddling around like a penguin, if Sasha and Vik are ready then good for them, I'm truly happy for them, but Sasha doesn't have a career and Vik is doing everything for her. I have a career, I can't be walking around managing my crazy workload with a blown up stomach whilst also taking care of Jannah. Especially now when JJ is going on tour for eight months." Hadiyeh rolled her eyes.

2 weeks later.

JJ, Hadiyeh and Jannah were sat in the clinic waiting room, Hadiyeh had been tested and was now waiting for the results to come in. She wanted to just take a normal test from the pharmacy but JJ had wanted for them to get tested properly. He had called his mother and pushed for them to get properly tested, she was still very adamant that Hadiyeh was infertile and just to prove her wrong JJ had pushed for them to get clinically tested.

"Mrs Ezra?" The woman at the desk called, Hadiyeh and JJ both got up. Going in for their appointment.

"Unfortunately you are not pregnant sperm found in your body has been tested infertile."

The woman got straight to the point. She had seen too many patients today and it was the end of her shift, she couldn't be bothered in sugarcoating the news.

"That's great" Hadiyeh cheered, but her smile quickly turned upside down when she saw the look on JJ's face.

"What do you mean infertile?" JJ turned to the woman behind the desk.

"Your sperm, sir, is infertile."

Hadiyeh put her hand comfortingly on JJs shaking leg.

"JJ-"

"I want to leave." JJ got up, fleeing the room, he couldn't breathe. It felt as though the atmosphere of the room was suffocating to him.

"Sorry." Hadiyeh apologized. She had been so happy to hear that she was not pregnant but hadn't thought about the fact that JJ was infertile. She left the room wanting to go after JJ but as she turned the corner the women behind the reception stopped her.

"Mrs Ezra?"

"Yeah?"

"Your husband left you these." The woman hands Hadiyeh the keys to the range rover.

"Thank you." Hadiyeh sighed, JJ has wanted to be alone and she didn't want to interfere. This was a journey for JJ to go through alone. It was his body and his choice of what he wanted to do.

She leaned next to the car, letting go of the breath she hadn't known she was holding. She felt really bad for JJ. It wasn't his fault that he was infertile.

"Baba!" Jannah blabbered.

"Yeah, come on, we have to go find baba." Hadiyeh sighed moving to open the backseat door to put Jannah into her car seat.

Written: 28/09/2021

Published: 01/10/2021

(A/N: Let's start spooky season off with a bang.)