2.8

Hadiyeh's birthday was in two weeks. She had arranged for a night in with just herself and her daughter. There wasn't a point to hold a big party the only reason why she would want to do so would be to celebrate along with her husband, but he wasn't here, so to make the best of the situation, she would settle for a cosy night in the hotel. She had made good friends with the chef and staff, she had been staying here for the past three weeks. She and Jannah would often order room service in the morning and eat out for lunch with Jannah by her side and end the evening with a small meal and a bottle of milk for Jannah. 

Recently she had noticed that living on her own wasn't as exciting as she had expected although she had arranged for her and Jannah to have a four day holiday going to France for her clothing line; she had realised that the world doesn't revolve around her broken heart. Her friends would come and go but they still had their own lives to get on with and with every day that passed, she felt as though waiting for JJ to show up in front of her hotel room with a bouquet of roses or something apologising and begging for her forgiveness, would ultimately fix her broken heart and she would forgive him and everything would be dandy. 

But she knew that he wouldn't. That her fairytale ending wasn't going come. Some people were destined for greatness, others were not, and no matter the money in your bank account your fate isn't changeable. 

Josh had attempted multiple times to get the group back together but the excuse that Tobi was in Dubai with Saeedeh, made things very hard and they had only opted to film virtual videos. Hadiyeh was always the last to join the zoom calls and the first to leave, not wanting to spend a minute alone with JJ. 

Tobi had asked for Haidyeh's blessing yesterday morning and she had given him her blessing, she was happy for the two, it wouldn't have been fair to stop them from getting married just because her own marriage was falling apart.

It was two in the morning when her bedside phone range, one that the hotel uses to access its guests. 

"Yes?" She picked up the phone, she was completely awake, Jannah was having one of those nights, you know, the ones where she craves the need for JJ but he isn't around and she was being very irritable, she hadn't let Hadiyeh sleep and had insisted for her to stay awake the whole night, anytime that Hadiyeh's heavy eyelids were shut for more than a few seconds she would begin crying. A single word falling from her lips every time. Baba.

"A man called Mr Ol-olatunji is here to see you," The poor woman at the desk had struggled to pronounce JJ's name. 

"Tell him to come back tomorrow," She put the phone down. She wanted JJ's presence next to her, she wanted to forgive him, but she also knew that he couldn't just simply choose when to come into her life and when to leave. He had cheated. So he had to also make it up to her. And showing up at her hotel room two in the morning wasn't the best way to apologise.

Two minutes later there was a knock on the door and Hadiyeh had thrown on her black scarf and gone to the door, to see who was knocking on the door at 2 in the morning. She cradled Jannah on her way to the door, hoping for the annoyed child in her arms to calm down. 

She looked through the peephole and there was JJ standing in the corridor dressed in black skin-tight jeans and a black and red hoodie with his basic black bandana keeping his loose locks out of his face, he was holding an orchid, with a piece of paper in his hands, rocking on the balls of his feet anxiously looking around.

"Hads, I know you're awake, I can hear Jannah crying, open the door before security come up, Hads!" JJ begged, he heard the elevator doors opening and the security guard's heavy footsteps coming. 

Hadiyeh couldn't help the grin that had stretched out onto her face, maybe her fate wasn't as dark and gloomy as she imagined.  He never failed to amuse her, he truly was one of a kind. She wiped the smile off her face and opened the door, she had to remind herself that no matter how amusing and handsome this man looks, they were still on bad terms.

"Get in." She scowled closing the door behind him. 

Written: 19/09/2021

Published: 21/09/20121

(A/N: Favourite chapter also I'm publishing this on the school computers to enjoy lmaoo)