Week

This was it. The last day. 

The best week of my life was almost over. 

I had been nothing but good to Bianca the past few days and I did everything I was told but expecting her to not tell mother and father about me and Jaxon's friendship was just giving myself false hope. I tried my best to ignore every stink eye I got from her when she saw me talking to Jaxon during lunch but it was useless. Her being there was just a constant reminder of what was about to happen. 

I entered school taking deep breaths. I do not want this day to ever be over. This week was the most magical week I have ever had in my entire life. I have never had friends before, ever. But I could call Joel, Alex, Ian and Jaxon my friends. They never even let me think about the darkness in my life once for the past week. They treated me like I was the most important person in their lives and it was amazing. Too bad this has to end. 

"Hey, Mia!" Joel called out rushing towards me. 

"Hey, Joe," I said.

"Do you want to come over to my house this weekend? I am throwing a party for Ian's birthday." He said. 

"I-uh" I started right before I felt a presence behind me. I turned around only to see it was Jaxon with his usual emotionless face plastered on. He was close. Really close. My back almost touching him. Not that I cared. 

They both looked at me as though waiting for me to give an answer. "I can't," I said. 

"Oh," Joel said and his face reeked of disappointment. Damn it. I hated when I disappointed people. "I'm sorry Joe" I continued trying to make him understand. "It's okay. Don't worry about it" he said and walked off. Shit, I hate this. 

After that my heart felt heavy and I turned around to face Jaxon. He looked straight at my face with his arms crossed trying to decipher me. I was about to start explaining to him when Bianca came to us. 

"Hey Jaxon" she slurred and smiled sweetly. God does she have a life? Don't get me wrong she was beautiful. Her straight blonde hair went past her shoulders and she had good features. The personality though. It always does it for me. I don't know how girls like her even manage to exist. If I could I would just- 

"Long time no see" She continued and I looked down to the ground trying to suppress what I was feeling. Soon I looked up and saw Jaxon just staring at me.

Bianca swiftly dug her manicured nails into my hands and acted as if we were the epitome of sisterhood. I wanted to laugh but my hand started hurting. I hate her nails they hurt quite a lot. 

"I see that you have gotten close to my sister!" She screeched digging her nails deeper. I winced. Then she started getting closer to Jaxon, "How about you try and get to know me?" She said in a seductive voice. Why am I here again?

"Maybe you could come over tonight? And we could have some fun?" She continued. My eyes started stinging with tears cause her nails started drawing blood from my palm. And then suddenly in one swift motion, her hand wasn't there anymore.

I looked up wide-eyed to see that Jaxon had pulled me closer to him and away from Bianca. Shit, this wasn't the time. I am as good as dead now. I looked over at Bianca who seemed furious and the contact between me and Jaxon. He put an arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him as he said "That's okay I think I have the better sister already." 

Then he glared at her and she almost dropped to the ground. Jaxon's lethal glare. 

Then he walked off with me by his side when Bianca just stood there glaring at our backs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was currently standing and glaring at Jaxon. 

"You shouldn't have done that!" I screamed at him but he was too busy looking unbothered at what he had done. 

"Jaxon!" I screamed again as he looked at me.

"What you did wa-" I continued but was cut off by Jaxon.

"I had to." He stated, "I had to cause she was hurting you and I couldn't just stand there. If it was a guy he would be long dead but I do not hit girls". He ended like it was the most obvious thing in the whole world. I think that this was the longest line he had ever spoken to me. Jaxon was a man of action and not of words. But he was trying. For me.

I took a long sigh. It was useless trying to tell him anything cause he doesn't know why I was acting like this. He doesn't know what was waiting at home for me.

"Come with me," He said, pulling me by my arm.

"Where?" I looked at him confused.

"We are getting out of here," He said and it was not negotiable. Well then. I guess I am ditching school today. 

He guided me towards the parking lot and towards a motorcycle. My mouth dropped open. Wow-what a freaking beauty. "Supercharged Kawasaki Ninja H2R!" I exclaimed running closer to the bike and toughing it like it was almost unreal.

"You know your motorbikes" Jaxon looked at me with amusement all across his face. 

"Can I drive!" I almost screamed jumping with joy as my eyes lit up.

Jaxon looked at me for a while seeming satisfied with my happiness, a smile playing on his lips. But then he cleared his throat and broke the silence. "No way." He said and my smile dropped. 

 I looked at him rolling my eyes. Fine then be that way. He got on the bike and I followed him getting on trying my best not to touch him. After I was settled he wasted no time pulling my hands, not touching my bruised palm at best, and wrapped it around his torso. I couldn't hold back my blush when my front touched his broad back. From the side mirror, I could see he smirked. This is exactly why we should be wearing helmets! I screamed internally. 

Soon enough the bike roared to life as we drove out of school the passerby gawking at us.