Ring

"It's beautiful," I said as Jaxon's arms circled around my waist admiring the pretty architecture of the building. It was an old place, every inch of perfection carved on the stones. There were people around roaming with families and clicking pictures of the historical site. 

"I bought it," Jaxon said. Sniffing my neck and placing a soft kiss. I whirled around, wide-eyed. 

"You what?" I said practically screaming.

Jaxon chuckled at my face as he gave a soft kiss on the tip of my nose. "I saw this the last time I came here and I liked it. It reminded me of you because this place is so beautiful. So I bought it from the government."

So he bought it.

He bought an I-don't-know-how-many-acres-of  historical architecture because it reminded him of me. Just great.

We walked all around the beautiful place in silence as two of his men followed us. After a while, I had taken out my heels and handed them to him because my feet had started to hurt. That's how big this place was.

Barefeet I finished circling the whole place and looked at him almost unable to believe that he owned this place. Rich people doing rich people things. I thought.

Jaxon then cleared his throat from behind so I turned around looking up a bit, only to find him not there. I followed where my eyes took me and saw Jaxon crouched down on one knee with a velvet box in his hand.

Oh, shit.

"Mia." He started. "I have known you for a few years now and never could I ever imagine someone more perfect than you to spend the rest of my life with. You are the most gorgeous, kindest, and strongest woman I have ever met and I would be the happiest man in the whole world if you say yes to spending the rest of your life with me. Will you marry me...please?" 

I almost started crying. 

"Yes," I said as he put the beautiful diamond ring on my finger and I launched myself at him, hugging him tighter than ever.

"I love you." I said as he stood up, with me hanging from his arms.

"I love you so much, baby," Jaxon murmured.

I cannot believe what just happened. 

The happiest day of my life is what happened. 

First, my performance was a hit, and second, Jaxon had just given me yet another reason to be happy. I was only twenty-five and Jaxon was only twenty-seven but I was ready, as ready I will ever be to spend the rest of my life with him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we sat in the car, my head on his shoulder as one of his men drove us back home. "You know, I wasn't going to propose before the wedding but Kiley and Joel made me do it," Jaxon remarked, his hand playing with the ring on my finger.

"Why?" I asked looking at him.

"I was uh- nervous." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. I looked like a cute boy then and I smiled at him.

"Nervous of what? That I would say no?" I said raising an eyebrow teasingly.

He rolled his beautiful orbs taking my hand and kissing my fingers. I giggled at the touch as he stroked his rough, now-tatted fingers through my lips. His eyes filled with love. 

"You are so beautiful, baby. I could just take you right-" he started as I stopped him putting a hand on his mouth indicating that the driver could freaking hear everything. He rolled his eyes again and removed my hand. 

"I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you," He said kissing me all over my face as I laughed yet again. We soon reached back home. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Let me see it!" For the hundredth time, Tessa screamed at me pointing at the ring on my finger. She pulled it close to her face examining it carefully.

"The ring isn't gonna change every time you look at it, Tess!" I laughed shaking my head. 

"An  Asscher cut, Krupp 33.02-carat IIa certified diamond ring. That man doesn't play when it comes to stuff like these." She said in all seriousness. Her family owned a diamond business. She would know. 

"I can't believe you are going to get married!" She said hugging me again. 

God, I loved this woman. She and Joel were literally the perfect couple. Over the years I had become very close to her. It didn't take me more than a day to get along with her. But that was Tessa, she got along with everyone with her happy-to-go attitude. Me her and Kiley had become the perfect women trio of all times. 

The three musketeers. 

"Stop annoying the Boss's finance Tess, he will disown me," Joel said entering the room. I smiled at him as he gave Tessa a peck. 

"Are you girls ready for the wedding tomorrow?" He asked and we nodded in unison. We were Kiley's bridesmaids and I and Tessa are going to walk down the aisle with Joe as Jaxon would be the one taking Kiley. 

Jaxon's father had died three years ago. It was a very sad moment for all of us and I had never seen Jaxon so broken before. It took him days to compose himself but I tried my best to be there for him. I knew how it felt to lose a parent, and it sucks. But Jaxon had to be strong for his family and the Titans. His father's and his mother's legacy.

Tomorrow would be a great day for all of us.

Tomorrow would be great for the Titans.