Planning

After what I had seen happen to Bianca, I have been feeling, numb. Thousands of questions swirled my mind but no one could really answer them. What was going to happen now? Would there be a war? I was scared, to say the least. 

"You okay?" Jaxon looked down at me with concern. I had a blanket around me but what really gave me warmth was Jaxon's chest. I sipped from the cup of coffee in my hand and nodded. Jaxon placed a soft kiss on the tip of my nose and looked back at Joel who had been speaking about what we were going to do next.

"The Phoenix's would be assisting us. We have found the Raven base." 

"How much manpower are we taking in?" Kiley asked sipping her coffee.

"More than what they have inside. Since it's their main base, I am guessing there would be more than fifty at least. We also have intel that the girls who are deported are sent to the base first." Joel replied.

"So we kill the men and get the girls out of there." Jaxon piped in. 

They were literally talking about and planning a massacre so casually. I would never understand these people. They were about to kill fifty men, but then again who am I to complain. I wanted the Raven's down as much as they did. 

"But the only thing we do not know is that how we would get past the security wards and get in. We have everything else planned and the men are ready." Joel said. Then an idea clicked my mind. This has to do.

"You said the girls are taken there first right?" I asked Joel as all eyes clicked on me. I hadn't been speaking much, in fact, this was the first time I had spoken.

"Yes, why?" Jaxon replied before Joel and looked at me suspiciously. Kiley and Joel were looking at me curiously and that was my turn to continue. 

"What if I blend in as one of the girls and enter the base. Those men have never seen me before because Ryan never let them. I could take down the wards from inside." I suggested. 

"And use you as bait? Absolutely fucking not." Jaxon bit out. 

Before I could interject him again, Kiley spoke up. "That is a good idea, Mia but you are putting yourself in a lot of danger knowingly. If anyone found out they would kill you without thinking twice." 

"Well do you have a better idea? I only am suggesting what's best." I replied. 

"No," Jaxon demands authority ringing in his voice. 

I looked at Joel pleading. Maybe he can help me convince them. "Don't look at me! He is the boss." Joel raised his hands in the air in mock surrender. I rolled my eyes. He was no use. 

"Jaxon, can I talk to you outside for a moment," I said walking out the door, leaving my cup and blanket on the couch where I had been sitting.

As soon as he came out I started protesting. "Jaxon, you know this is the only way. This is the best chance we have got and I-" 

"No, Mia. I am not putting you at risk, not again." He said leaving no room for negotiation. 

"How else do you want to do it then-" 

"We will figure something out! You aren't going there, end of story." He got mad. Really mad. He hasn't even gotten mad at me before. 

"Yes. I am." I said narrowing my eyes at him, matching his rage. "You have to trust me on this," I said and walked back in not waiting for him to reply. He knows that this is the only way too. He is just reluctant because what happened last time would happen this time too. Hell, I was too.

But this is the time I prove myself.

I had to be strong.

As soon as I entered the room, I heard glass shatter. I could tell it was Jaxon who had caused it. He never came back inside the room again. I didn't respond to it. I will deal with him later. Both Joel and Kiley looked at me.

"I am going." I declared. 

"Tell the men, and let me know when we are leaving." Joel nodded. 

"Oh, and also I need a car to get back home." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaxon had locked himself in his room for the rest of the day. Occasionally, I would hear the shattering of glass and something heavy falling to the ground. The rest of it was just- silence. 

"You should go talk to him, you know" Kiley winced beside me when another glass broke. We had been sitting on the couch downstairs not really saying anything. 

I sighed. She is right, I really should go talk to him. I nodded at her and went upstairs, knocking at the big brown door. 

"Go away!" He said. God, he was being such a big baby. Men are weird. I knocked again. 

"Jaxon, open the door," I said softly, trying not to anger him further. When I was determined, he was helpless. He knew that he couldn't stop me when I wanted to do something but that sure didn't stop him to whine like a freaking baby. 

I was met with silence. Absolute silence on the other side of the door. I had started getting worried, is he okay? But then the door slightly clicked open. It was dark inside. Jaxon stood at the door, shirtless, his hair tousled and his eyes puffy and tired. 

My heart almost melted looking at him. He really was just a big baby. "Stop being so mad at me" I sighed looking at him. I entered the darkroom as he closed the door behind me. Almost every glass in the room had been shattered except for the big sliding window. The moonlight shone inside and fell on his beautiful face, his grey eyes shining in the darkness when he looked at me.

He then suddenly pulled me in a bear hug squeezing me tight to his body. "I don't want to lose you, Mia. I love you." He said.

I pulled away, a little and ran my hand through his soft tousled hair. "You won't, Jaxon, never," I said softly. 

He then sat down on the bed, making me straddle him. "You don't understand, Mia. I would happily give up my whole mafia but not you. I cannot put you at risk. You mean everything to me. Everything." He said caressing my back.

How the hell am I supposed to convince this stubborn, sweet man. My heart fluttered at his words but this is my life now. I needed to do this to accept this life.

"I know, Jaxon. I love you. But the mafia needs me right now and for that, I need you to trust me. I will be very careful, I promise you. I will protect myself ahead of everything if it comes to that but I need your support here. I cannot do this alone." I explained desperately for him to understand. He looked at me for a while.

Then he shook his head, finally giving up. "Fine. But if anything happens to you, I make no promises of not burning the whole city down and then killing myself." He looked at me dead in the eye, it was almost comical, the way he said it so seriously. 

I smiled at him sweetly before giving him a peck. He smiled back. "I'm tired." He said pulling me to bed with him. Well duh, you just man slaughtered the whole room. 

He then placed a pillow underneath my head as he put his head on my stomach, his arms around my waist and cuddling me close. "I love you," I said, involuntarily started stroking his hair. He mumbled something.

Within seconds, he was fast asleep.