Future

I woke up, very very hungry. I went to bed straight after training yesterday, without really eating anything. I shifted slightly finding myself cuddling a pillow instead of Jaxon. The sun shined outside brightly, it was already nine.

I rushed out of bed, putting a pair of sweats on and brushing my teeth quickly. I needed to eat something before I go to the warehouse. Kiley and Joel sat downstairs eating pancakes. 

"Hey, good morning beautiful." Joel greeted me with a hug. I sat next to Kiley and rubbed my hands in anticipation of some sweet delight. Joel placed a plate and served me one.

"Today a big day, huh?" Kiley asked, smiling. 

Nervousness shone within me but I kept it down. "Yeah," I stated. "Don't worry, Mia. You will be okay. We got your back." Kiley said encouragingly. 

"I know. I just hope everything goes well." 

"It will. It has to." Joel added.

"Where is Jaxon anyway?" I asked propping a blueberry in my mouth. 

"He is at the warehouse, prepping our men for today," Joel said. 

"You guys would be there too, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. I am leading team 2 and Joel is leading team 1. We are entering from two different doors at the back after you let us in. Jaxon's team is entering from the main gate." Kiley explained. 

Jaxon's team would also be in the most danger. 

But he would be okay. He knows what he is doing. He has to be okay. I reassured myself. Soon after we left for the warehouse too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We are going to enter the base at 2200 hours sharp and we will leave within an hour. Henson's team would be waiting with the cars outside the front gate and all men included are to get in the cars at 2300 hours sharp. Is that understood?" Jaxon said as all men replied, "Yes, Boss." In unison.

 "Dismissed." He declared authoritatively and the men scurried off. God, why does he have to be such a turn-on all the time? This man is truly gifted in the sexiness department. 

"Hey, baby." His eyes visibly softened as he approached me. He hugged me, giving me a soft peck. "I see you have forgotten your sister completely, Jax," Kiley remarked teasingly beside me as Jaxon hugged her too. 

"How can I ever forget my best gang member," Jaxon said as Kiley swatted his arm playfully. She smiled at me and then she left to go see her team for tonight. 

Jaxon pulled me to one of the private rooms of the warehouse as I sat on the couch. "Jaxon I-" I began not really knowing what to say. 

He traced his thumb on my lower lip shutting me down. "Shh" He whispered as he pulled me close, cuddling into his chest. "Just let me hold you."

I nodded, hugging him, feeling his warmth. "I cannot believe I am letting you do this," he said after a while. "I have to do this, Jaxon. I have to." I said. 

"Why?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows. 

"Because I want to be a Titan." I looked at him, "Because I want to be worthy of this life, worthy of you."

Jaxon looked at me in awe, almost as though I had caught him off guard. "You already are, baby. More than I will ever be worthy of you. You have been a Titan long before you met me. You are the strongest, more fearless woman I have ever met. I love you, Mia. You are enough."

I am enough. 

I smiled at him, my eyes almost brimming with tears. "I love you so much," I mumbled in his chest. "Once I am coming back from this, I am going straight to broadway I don't care," I said, as he chuckled. 

"Yes. And then we would get married." He added.

"Yes. And then, babies. Two boys and a girl. What would we name them?" I looked at him with joy, glad that he was actually assisting me on this. I never thought boys ever did future planning. He now went on to full-blown laughter.

What is he finding so funny?

"Well, I don't know, Mia. How about we practice the process of baby-making first?" I hovered over me, laying me down on the couch. "Practice makes perfect, you know?" He nibbled my earlobe and I stifled a moan. 

"And we want our babies to be perfect don't we?" He said kissing down my chest as I couldn't help but let out a sound this time.

If they are little versions of you then they would be perfect. 

I wanted to say that but no words came out of my mouth. Only moans did. And after that, he took me like there was no tomorrow. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How did your birth parents die?" Jaxon asked me. I was currently now laying practically on top of him on the couch, butt naked. There was a soft, thin blanket on top of us, but that's about it. We had been laying here for a while, just asking each other things that we didn't know about ourselves. 

"Well, I never knew my father, and mama died of cancer. I was only six." I answered looking at him. "It must have been hard for you." He said stroking my hair. 

"It was. Even though I was young, I remember everything. After mama, I was given up to the state and I started living in an orphanage. Then I lived in a couple of foster homes before being adopted by the Dawsons." I said. 

"I'm sorry," Jaxon said as he continued stroking my hair and we lay in silence. 

"So, what's your favorite color?" I asked. 

"Red." He replied without hesitation. 

"Really? I would have guessed it was black." I asked putting my chin on his chest and stroking his stubble gently. 

"It was. Before I saw you in that red dress at the business party." He said and my heart fluttered in my chest. I did wear a red dress, didn't I?

A knock came on the door. 

"Hold on a sec," Jaxon said as we got up and pulled our clothes back on. Jaxon helping me with my sweatshirt. "Come in." He said after I was dressed. 

A man came in. "Boss, it's time we leave. The ship with girls enters in an hour." He said and Jaxon nodded. He then walked off. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We reached the shipment area soon. I was now changed into a very short and uncomfortable dress which Jaxon did not approve of at all but it would help me blend in.  

"Here we go," Joel said from the front seat. "You know what to do, Mia. This is all on you know, be safe." Right before I got out of the car, Jaxon followed me. 

He looked at me and took both my hands in his.

"I want you back, just like I left you here. You hear me, Mia?" He said demanding. 

"I got this, Jaxon," I said reassuringly.

"You got this, baby." he nodded giving me a last kiss. "I will see you exactly within an hour again, be safe I love you." 

"I love you," I said and walked to where I was supposed to be. 

I got this.