Closer

"Hey, Mia! Are you ready for your training?" Kiley emerged from the door of the Jaxon's study. 

"Yeah just give me a few minutes I'll finish this up and get dressed," I said scribbling the last notes on my piece of paper. Kiley nodded and left. I had been homeschooling and even though it's getting stressful, I have no choice. I need to get my high school certificate so I can pursue dancing. 

If I can pursue dancing. 

The one thing I had realized staying in the Mafia business for a few days now is that nothing is certain. Anything can happen at any time. Honestly, if I really had a choice I wouldn't be here right now. Just the glimpses of the big picture in the mafia work that I had gotten the past few days made me realize that every second is life and death. 

But I have to be prepared. 

Because hell, if Jaxon is here. I am here.

If he is going to hell, I am going with him. 

After finishing my work I ran down the stairs after changing quickly for my training. Just as I was about to enter the gym I saw a door open as Kiley's laughter and Jaxon's mumbling rang my ears. I made my way to the open room, furrowing my eyebrows as all eyes clicked to me.

Joel was sitting on a chair with screens surrounding him. Camera screens. 

"Quite the dancer arent you?" He teased as he looked at one of the screens. It was me dancing on 'Beggin' from the other day. Instantly my cheeks heated up. I didn't know there were cameras. Shit. 

Jaxon came closer to me with a smile playing on his lips as he wrapped his arms around me. "You didn't tell me you were such a great dancer?" He said. 

"You never asked" I replied raising an eyebrow but still explained, "I want to pursue dancing. But this is the first time anyone has seen me dance." I said scratching my neck awkwardly. 

"Honey! You are great. You would definitely do so well if you pursue dancing." Kiley said. 

"Anyways, I still have to look at some more of the cameras from the past few days because apparently someone was trying to break in but was unsuccessful to get past the security. Although he managed to escape." Kiley continued grimly. 

"Jaxon could you train Mia today?" Kiley said.

Oh hell no. That wasn't a good idea. First, he would easily kick my ass maybe not in a very painful way but keep in mind I don't like losing! and second, he would tease me about it. And on top of that, I don't even think we would end up training- if you know what I mean. My blush deepened dangerously. 

"Sure" Jaxon's voice rang as he looked at me mischievously. I am so screwed. 

Escape. Escape. Escap-

And before I could think about it Jaxon had pulled me out of the room and to the gym. He took his shirt off and cracked his knuckles. 

"We are going to have so much fun, Baby," He said with a deadly look on his face. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had gotten good in combat over time. But not nearly as good as him.

Him the devil, who we shall not name.

"umph" I fell on the mat for the thousandth time. My butt has started to get sore. I am going to kill this incarnation of evil the second I get the chance to! I got up yet again with a pissed-off look plastered on my face. 

"Oh come on now, don't be so mad- you will get better," He said once I got up. 

If looks could kill he would be six feet under right now. "Okay fine. You take the lead, I take the defence. I won't retaliate. Sounds good?" Jaxon says rolling his eyes. 

We got in your starting positions once again. 

Soon after I started throwing kicks and punches and Jaxon successfully dodging. With a determined state, I started doing so faster finally being able to hit him a few times. Jaxon caught my leg and I twisted jumping in the air to get myself free. I went straight for his jaw after but he caught me, pulling me close. Shit!

With one of my hands twisted behind my back between him and me and the other almost painfully in his grip, I finally stopped trying to escape. This is useless. 

"Come on! You hit like a girl." close to my ear and let go.

"That's cause I am one, you dumbass!" I said frustrated by my constant losing. "I'm done," I said turning around when Jaxon caught my arm. 

"Awe is my baby getting mad now," he said teasing annoying me even more. 

"I don't like you," I said my eyes turning into thin slits.

"I beg to differ. You love me." 

"Not anymore!" 

"You look adorable when you get mad." He said pulling me close and laughing at my flustered state. 

"Yeah, ya laugh all you want but the day I die because I was hitting my enemy 'like a girl' that's the day you will regret all of this," I said folding my hands.  

That seemed to make him stop. His face changed to serious in a second. "I won't ever let that happen." He declared almost as though he was reassuring himself. 

"I will protect you till my last breath. I promise." His voice was almost soft. 

My heart fluttered at his words but I didn't let that change my exterior. "Fine," I said. "But you are sleeping in the guest room today," I said.

He chuckled, "I don't think so baby girl"

"I do, I think so," I said trying to walk away again. I failed, again. 

Jaxon suddenly picked me up throwing me over his shoulder. "Jaxon! Put me the hell down!" I said hitting his broad back and trying to squirm so he drops me.

"No," He said slapping my butt as he started going his merry way.

"OW!" I screamed. "My butt is sore!" and Jaxon chuckled. 

"We can fix that," He said heading inside his room and kicking the door behind him. He then puts me down on the soft mattress and I try to run again but he catches my wrists putting them on either side of my head, hovering over me.

Kick him in the nuts! 

And I did but not on the nuts but on his inner thigh. He grunted nevertheless as he now looked mad. Oh, shit. I'm so dead.

"This is war." He said has his hands moved to my waist. Then, he started tickling me.

The room filled with heavy breaths and giggling soon after. The walls resonating my pleas. "Jaxon st-op!" I screamed as he finally did after what felt like forever and smiled sweetly at me. At this point, all my worries and stress were long forgotten. 

"I love you." He said. 

"I love you too." I smiled. 

And then his lips crashed onto mine.