Nightmares

I woke up in the middle of the night heaving and sweating heavily. I almost sprung out of the bed like it was on fire. Running my hands through my hair I rubbed my eyes. 

Shit. I had a nightmare. 

I don't usually have one. But the rare times when I do I don't remember them. It's weird I know, but I'm guessing this nightmare was based on the past events that happened. I sat on the bed for a while looking at the time. 2:37, 2:38, 2:39, and the minutes passed by. I was unable to go back to sleep. 

Giving up I stood up again as I crossed the room over to Jaxon. He was sleeping soundly on his chest, his back upwards, and one of his arms falling down the couch. He looked adorable and sexy at the same time. I couldn't help but smile. But I had to wake him up and I frowned at that. 

"Jaxon" I whispered and he stirred a bit.

"Jaxon" I tried again placing and shaking my hand on his muscular back. He groaned a bit as he slightly opened his beautiful eyes to look at me.

He sat up on the couch looking tired and I felt guilty. "What's wrong baby?" He asked rubbing his hand on his face. I took my time to admire his perfect abs and my heart fluttered at the nickname he had been recently calling me. I blushed a bit. Thank God it was dark.

"I- I can't sleep," I said while playing with my hands. 

 He pulled me by my arm and made me sit next to him. "I had a nightmare," I stated. He nodded knowingly as he lied down again, pulling me with him and cuddling me closer to his chest. I blushed harder. My cheek was on his chest and his arms and legs were wrapped around me protectively. I instinctively started playing with the silver chain around his neck with a weird piece of metal hanging from it. Huh, what is that?

"Jaxon," I started. 

"Hm" he hummed brushing my hair

"Did you feel like you were missing out on stuff because your mother died?" I asked softly. 

"No, I didn't really know her. But I wish I did. Kiley tells me she was amazing." He said in a sexy sleepy voice. 

"You seem close to your sister." 

"I am." he said, "After mother died she took care of me even though she is only a few years bigger than me." How sweet I thought.

"What about your dad?" 

"He was always good to me and gave me everything I ever wanted but he wasn't around much. He was busy with business stuff and didn't take mum's death very well." 

"Do you want to inherit the business?" I asked knowing that he and Kiley would get everything their dad owned. 

"Yes. I want to. The business has always been an important part of my life. It's my family's heirloom. And my dad was always very strict about it. He made sure that Kiley and I finish our high school at the least, he was very serious about education." He said with a hint of proudness in his voice and I was happy for him. 

And then hour conversation went on for as long as dawn. I asked questions and he answered without thinking twice. It made me so happy that he was completely honest with me. I just liked him more and more every day. 

He told me he met Joel when he was four, they have been best friends since. Joel's parents knew his dad. He met Ian and Alex at middle school. They were in the grade below which is my grade. He was eighteen right now turning nineteen in a few months right before he graduates from school. He wanted to pursue business at uni but hasn't really thought about it yet because the time for him to take over the company was coming soon too. Kiley had been running parts of their business already. 

At around the end, he was almost falling asleep while answering and I let out a low chuckle. He was almost sleeping and I sighed in his arms. Closing my eyes I let out a deep breath. Sleep drawing in on me yet again.

And that's how we slept that day. The sun rising through the horizon, the big master bed empty and cold, and the small couch filled completely with our cuddling bodies. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up on an empty couch. I almost felt disappointed missing the heat that surrounded me but then I looked at the time and it was almost 1 pm. Damn, I really do sleep like a log sometimes. 

The bathroom door opened revealing a very handsome-looking man in a suit. 

"You clean up good," I remarked as Jaxon smirked at me arrogantly. He knew that he looked good. Like a true gentleman. I smiled and rolled my eyes playfully. 

"Where are you going?" I asked admiring the beauty in front of me.

"A business meeting. I am going instead of dad." He stated. I nodded in agreement as he strode towards me. "Are you feeling better? Do you feel any more pain?" I nodded letting him know I was okay. 

"I won't be back home till later at night. Kiley is home today, she also got you some clothes. If you want more you can go shopping with her." He said silently taking my hand in his. 

"Okay," I said in a tiny voice liking our close proximity. 

"Okay bye baby I'll see you soon," He said placing a soft kiss on my knuckles before walking out.