Date

Jaxon had stopped his bike in the middle of nowhere. Literally. There was a dirt road where he parked the bike and there were trees all around. In other circumstances, any girl would think this is where a serial killer would kill them. But that wasn't me.

I trusted him. I know it's weird because I have only known him for a few weeks and I have been his friend for less than a week but when I was with him, I felt safe. Somewhere deep down I knew that he could never hurt me.

Jaxon got down himself and then he helped me down too. It's little things like this that make me like him even more. He was really a true gentleman. He just needs a suit right now. Taking my uninjured hand he intertwined our fingers and started walking down the dirt road without either of us saying a word. It was comfortable, the silence.

After a good ten-minute walk he abruptly stopped walking. I looked at him with confusion but he was looking elsewhere. I followed his line of sight only for my jaw to drop on the ground. 

Oh my God. 

Sweet Mother nature. 

In front of me was the most beautiful lake I had ever seen. It was surrounded by trees and the stream of water ran down the rocks like it was white mist. Almost intangible. What a true beauty for the eyes. Jaxon pulled me closer to the lake as he sat down and made himself comfortable on one of the rocks. I sat down beside him our knees and shoulders touching. 

Neither of us could take our eyes off the beautiful sight between us. It was so beautiful.

After what felt like hours, Jaxon broke the silence.

"I and my sister always used to come here when we were kids." He said. "It has been years since I have last been here."

"Why did you guys stop?" I asked.

"Responsibilities." He said. And then silence fell around us yet again.

"Why would you flinch away every time I get close to you?" He suddenly asked and the air around us got heavy. I looked at him while he was already looking at me. He knew the answer, he just wanted the confirmation. 

"You know why." I breathed out losing eye contact. He softly brushed his thumb against my chin and turned my face back to face him. 

When we were looking at each other again, he said "Just tell me a word and they won't be able to lay a finger on you ever again." I shook my head in disapproval. I cant. Where would I go- I have no one else. I cannot expect Jaxon to take me with him that is asking for too much. He barely knows me, and plus he is doing so much already. 

He let out a sigh and looked back at the lake.

"You know," I said, "My mama used to always tell me nature is the closest you can get to life, without it we are just walking corpses."

"Your mama seems like a nice person." He said.

"She was," I said as I looked at him. "At least she is safe from the cruelty of the world now."

"Why did the Dawson's adopt you?" he asked. How did he know that I was adopted? "It doesn't take a genius to figure it out, Mia. They treat you like shit and you look strikingly different from every one of them". Ops I guess I asked it out loud.

"It was just a publicity stunt," I said, "Their company was falling back and they had to show how kind and caring they are to the world so they adopted me to get more investments from people".

I finished as I saw Jaxon almost vibrating with rage. In order to calm him down, I placed my palm on his muscular arm. "It's okay," I said, as his eyes instantly softened. He took his big hands and traced a strand of my hair, putting it behind my ear. 

I cleared my throat and looked away unable to stop yet another blush. He slightly chuckled beside me and I couldn't help but smile at the sound of it. 

God can I like this man anymore! He is perfect in every single way. He takes care of me like no other and most of all he respects me. He didn't force me to do anything about the Dawsons even after he knew. He was looking out for me and I appreciated that he didn't force me into speaking up. It wasn't his fight, it was mine. Oh how much I would do just to be with him.

I looked at him only to find him already looking at me adoringly. My blush only deepened as he cupped my cheeks with both of his hands. We were really close. That's when it clicked on me. 

Oh my, this was a date. My first date was with a boy that I really like. My eyes widened a bit as I was about to start and freak out. My first date was with Jaxon Brown. The Jaxon Brown. Does he even like me? He was known to be the playboy the heartbreaker the danger of life. Why would someone like him want to be with someone like me?

"What?" He asked me furrowing his eyebrows.

"N-Nothing" I said.

"Mia." He said warningly demanding an answer.

"Why me?" I asked trying my best to maintain my confidence. He looked at me for a whole while. There was a storm within his grey eyes. All kinds of emotions, all kinds of reasons.  

He looked at me straight in the eye and said after a while, "I don't know." 

I will admit my heart broke a little when he said that. Any other girl would expect a guy to say that she was different she was beautiful and whatnot. But Jaxon didn't know. He didn't know why he was helping or even being nice to me. 

At least he was honest. And that is what made me happy. Life isn't always flowers and rainbows like in the cliche romance stories. But the fact that he was honest made me like him and trust him even more.

 So I smiled at him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN

Hey guys! How do you like it till here? 

Please let me know!

The next chapter is going to be Jacob's point of view. I can't wait to write that! Some secrets will be revealed. Some tears will be shed.

:)