Back

And still Jaxon's POV

I hurriedly took the phone from Joel's hand. Placing the phone on my ear, my hands almost shaking I looked at everyone. Different emotions had washed all over us. Kiley looked relieved and anxious, Joel looked tense, his big brother mode coming to life and the bitch looked shocked, about to pass out. 

"M-Mia?" My shaky voice came out. Jaxon! Get a grip. Be an fucking man. 

"Jaxon." She seemed eerily quiet and calm but I could practically sense the panic underneath. A heavy amount of relief washed over me, the amount I never felt before. It was her, her beautiful angelic voice. She was okay.

"I- I killed him." She said again, this time more panicked. Fuck. "He is dead! Jaxon I am scared, they- will kill me. He is dead!" She rushed but said in a hushed voice as though someone would hear her. 

"Stay on the phone, baby. Calm down. Deep breaths." And she did. But fuck if I wasn't dying to get to her inside myself. 

"Can you give me a location?" I asked calmly. This is my second chance and I will not lose her this time. I will find her. 

"N-no. I don't know." She said. Joel and Kiley seemed agitated but I didn't put her on speaker. Bianca was there and she seemed sus, I didn't trust her and she was eyeing me carefully. This bitch is definitely planning something. 

"It's okay baby, I will track your phone. Stay on call." I walked out of the room towards the tech. Joel seemed ready to do his job right behind me, Kiley didn't come with, knowing Bianca would follow. Thank goodness. I fucking love my sister. 

I put the phone on speaker and closed the door behind. Joel started typing again, connecting the phone to his laptop. "Jaxon, please hurry. They would find me soon." Mia said. I'm trying baby, I'm trying. I looked at Joel hopefully when he shook his head. 

"The phone isn't traceable, Jaxon. I'll keep trying." He replied. He only called me that when he was worried. Fuck. 

"Mia, how many men are there?" I asked trying to decipher the amount of threat. 

"Not many." She replied. Good. 

"Can you take them?" I asked. Mia was a natural. She was good. She could do anything if she wanted to, I believed in her. 

"I-I'm injured." Fuck! Fuck. She wasn't okay. She was hurt. Please, hold on. Just a little bit longer.

"Do you know who the man is?" I asked. Trying my best to keep my calm. 

"He said his name was Ryan." She said her weak voice breaking. My head instantly shot up and Joel halted. We looked at each other knowingly. Fuck, Ryan. Ryan Steele. The leader of the Ravens. He was known for trafficking girls and hurting women. He has been trying to bring me down for a while because his mafia was the second best. 

Even though I was very fucking proud of her killing the mafia boss, Mia didn't need to know that. She didn't need to stress even more. Calm, keep your calm. 

"Do you see anything, baby? Out of a window maybe?" I asked. 

"N-No," She said. 

"Okay, what do you see around you?"

"It's like a -cellar. Or a jail. It has bars. And a door in front. And there is a tiny window with bars but-t is too far up." She said. That fucker had locked her up in jail.

"Can you hear anything?" 

She took a while. I was almost starting to freak out. What if they got to her? Shit. No. "Joel!" I exclaimed when he shook his head again. He had nothing and he now looked like he was about to cry. "I- I hear birds." She said.