Life

A few years later

I cracked my neck, stretching my arms out. Claps echoed the theatre after the performance before mine was over. After a few years of patience, I had finally gotten to do a solo. 

The solo. 

"You ready, honey?" A soft voice sounded beside me as I looked at Annie, smiling wide at me. After the Ravens, my life had been just like I planned it out. I graduated getting my certificate. Jaxon got me an instructor, just like he had promised. Even though I was yet to make it to broadway I was so close, just so close. 

Imagine my surprise when I saw Annie here, choreographing the show. I never saw her again after that say but now she is here, making something good out of her life. I was so proud of her. I was so proud of myself. 

Oh, and Kiley is getting married in a month. 

Kiley is getting married.

Who knew? She is marrying a man from a town she had gone for business. She only met the man a few times, his gang was one of the new ones. They fell in love the moment they met, having the eternal love story. I was so very happy for her. 

Jaxon and I on the other hand have been busy. He couldn't make it today, to my dismay. He was busy planning his sister's wedding and other things. He had also gotten a business degree. Over the years there were times that we didn't have time for each other. We fought, we made up but never did we ever think of leaving each other. I loved him with every cell of my body.

I almost rolled my eyes thinking about the time when he was about to go kill a guy because he had a crush on me. So, yes. He was still very possessive and still, very very hot. He wasn't a teenager anymore, and over the years he had become a literal 'man'. The kind that women would die to be with. The kind that looks better and gets sexier every day. 

"Hey!" Annie snapped a finger in front of me, "You okay? you look a bit pale." 

I cleared my throat. "yeah, I'm okay." I replied but I knew I was pale alright. Because I almost started drooling at Jaxon's imagination. He always did this. He was always on my mind even when he wasn't physically present. 

Grumbling at my little self-control, I got up and made my way towards the stage. I got this. I told myself. This is it, my solo, the solo. 

"You got this," Annie said as I smiled at her and hugged her. 

The music started as I made my way to the stage. Over the years stage, fear is something that I had been fighting over. I started performing very late in life so I wasn't always comfortable being looked at by so many people. 

My body moved at with the beat and I tried not the concentrate much on my movements. I felt the beat, I moved with the vibration. I was free.

I was flying. 

My mama's face flashed in front of my eyes. She would be proud of me right now. She would be smiling at me from above. And then I imagined Jaxon's grey orbs. Wait, I am not imagining this. I almost froze but tried not to. 

There he was sitting in the audience, smiling. This bastard, I should have known he would never miss this. I fought my conscious who wanted to run up to him and kiss him already. Beside him, sat a man with baby blue eyes, his face shining with a proud look. 

Joel had always been there for me, being the big brother I have always wanted. He had a girlfriend now too, but she lives in Canada. They met at college when Joel had gone to study literature, no wonder he loved books. 

The song soon came to an end, and the audience filled with claps and cheers. I took a bow and left the stage eager to meet my boyfriend. "You did so well, Mia," Annie said his smile brighter than ever. "I couldn't have done this without you," I replied hugging her. 

"I owe you forever." She said in my hair. "You should go change now, your boyfriend's almost killed two of the security guards because they were staring at you too much." She joked knowing very well who I was. 

Who he really was.

I laughed out shaking my head and heading to the back. In the corridor, I saw two tall figures being surrounded by dancers, both girls, and boys. I rolled my eyes and made my way to them.

 The world knew them as Joel Hastings, the son of a billionaire who would be taking over the business soon, and Jaxon Brown, the businessman and the billionaire bachelor also regarded as one of the hottest men alive by magazines. 

Well, he wasn't really a bachelor. He was taken, by me.

I made my way through the crowd as people tried to speak to them. I haven't really been seen with Jaxon in public because, well, as I said, I have been busy with my own life. I wanted to be someone too. Recognized as Mia, the professional dancer, not Mia, the billionaire's girlfriend. 

"So can I give you my number?" One of the girls said to Jaxon and I wanted to punch her in the face. 

"No, thank you. He is taken." I said as I wrapped one of my arms around Jaxon's biceps. He looked down at me smiling, amusement clearly shining in his eyes. Everyone halted that very moment and there was complete silence. 

I then turned and made my way away from the crowd, pulling Jaxon with me. Joel followed right behind after writing a few more autographs. 

Celebrities. 

I shook my head.

"I love it when you get territorial, baby." Jaxon said giving me a soft kiss on the side of my head. I looked at him, narrowing my eyes. "Says you, who tries to kill any guy who flirts with me," I said.

"Nobody gets to take what's mine." He shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. "You were amazing out there." He said after I reached inside one of the back rooms. I smiled at him.

"Hey, Mia!" Joel said hugging me. "The performance was great, so beautiful."

"Thanks, Joe, how have you been?" I asked him kissing his cheek softly. "Oh, great. Tess is coming back from Canada tomorrow for the wedding," he said happily.

"Can we leave now? I want to take you somewhere." Jaxon said and I nodded. The three of us made our way to the car outside but Joel was the only one who got in. He winked at me and said something to Jaxon before driving off without us. 

Jaxon pulled me close, his arm around my waist as we walked down the street.

"Where are we going?" I asked leaning into his heat.

"It's a surprise."