Truth

I had a good sleep. 

But then I woke up and reality struck me hard. Pain was all I could feel all over my body. My head was pounding and my arms and legs seemed as though they were burning. 

After a moment I composed myself and started getting up finding myself in an unknown room. It was dark so I got out of bed and moved the thick curtains from the window. My jaw dropped at the view in front of me. I could see the beautiful night sky and the moon shining in front of me. The room had a sea view and it looked so peaceful. I stared at the amazing scene in front of me, my eyes travelling as far as vision goes. 

After a moment I realised that I was on the second floor and below me seemed to be a pool. I opened the sliding door to the balcony in front of me as I walked out. I saw a girl peacefully lying on a white floating bed on the pool, she was wearing a black bikini and her eyes were closed.

I looked closer only to realise it was Kiley. 

Oh.

Then finally my weak almost non-functioning brain realised that I was in Jaxon's home. Damn, if I had thought that my adoptive parents were rich this is the next level of richness. Even thinking about what happened before I practically fainted in Jaxon's arms makes me feel...disgusted. Not wishing to think about it anymore I shook my head.

I returned back inside the room. The interiors were very dark, modern and masculine. This must be Jaxon's room. I passed through the massive room and went to open the brown door for an exit. As soon as I turned the doorknob I stumbled back as someone pushed their way on.  

"Shit" They muttered and they held out a hand to stop me from falling back. 

I looked up to see pretty grey eyes staring at me. "Hey," he said and guided me back to sit on his bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Not good," I replied as I rubbed my palm on my face. I was still wearing Jaxon's shirt.

"How long have I been out?" I asked

"twelve hours" makes sense. It's dark out again.

"I-" I started to explain, I had to. I can't just be here with him and not tell him what had happened.

"You don't have to say anything if you don't want to Mia," Jaxon said sitting down next to me on the soft bed, his face stoic. I looked at him contemplating once again but continued anyway.

" I want to," I said and his eyes softened. He placed his huge rough palm on my hand indicating for me to continue what I wanted to say.

"Ye-yesterday after you dropped me home, I thought that everything was going to be fine because my parents were supposed to come home later the next day. Bu-t I was wrong. When I entered I saw that they were sitting on the couch discussing something. Bianca wasn't home yet because she had gone out with some friends after school. I- just without saying a word I started going upstairs but m-mother saw me. She started asking me where I was and I just lied saying I had gone to the library because if they knew I was with you they would kill me." I looked up to see that Jaxon's was staring at me.

My eyes started watering but I continued anyway, "Mother didn't want to listen to anything because she said that B-ianca had told her I was hanging out with you guys. I knew this was going to happen. She started calling me names and then threw me into the basement. She was very mad. I sat there fo-r a while until- father came in."

The tears fell freely now and I felt pathetic and weak but I didn't stop. "He started beating me up like he always does. B-But then he did something th-at I didn't expect. He-e star-ted touching me." I sobbed and didn't dare look towards Jaxon.

Trying my best to compose myself I kept going. "He- tore my shirt off and p-put a belt around my neck saying that I was a s-slut and a whore and that I should be leashed, and after he is done with me he was going to sell me to a friend becaus-e I wa-s the perfect age and his friend nee-ded girl's like me. He had told me once before that I was 'of age'. I didn't understand it then but I know what he meant now."

I was a sobbing mess by now. But I didn't want to stop. I wanted to be completely and utterly truthful with at least one person in my life. So, all the bottled up feelings and emotions came out. I kept going.

"He-e was about to r-rape me. He almost raped me, he assaulted me. But, right before he did something b-bad, Bianca opened the basement door telling her father that dinner was served. And I ran, the fastest I had ever run. They tried to stop me but I kicked and punched as hard as I could and went straight out the front door. Thankfully my bag was near the front door itself because that's where m-mother had stopped me so I picked it up while running. Never looked back. I went straight to the park, thankfully the roads were mostly empty. I hid in the bushes knowing that they were looking for me. Then, I called you."

I finally finished but still didn't look at him. I couldn't. I felt utterly broken and tired but I couldn't help but feel light. I had finally let go of the burden I carried all these years.

I felt proud of myself.

I had told someone the truth.

Then suddenly I was pulled into a hug by Jaxon and relief washed over me. I was afraid that I would be judged but Jaxon didn't seem to care. He gently stroked my hair as his warmth surrounded me. I felt comfortable like I was home.

I closed my eyes admiring the feeling.

And yet again Jaxon's actions spoke louder than any words.